Who has ever had fugu
We are visiting Tadao Obayashi, one of the best sushi restaurants in Fukuoka City. He'll serve us fugu, the fish licensed to kill. The greetings in Japan are usually long-lasting and so we also get to know Yuzuru Munaoka and his Kennichi and the young fisherman Kousuke Gonnda, the fishermen who supply the whole of Japan with puffer fish. There is something reassuring about your presence.
Author Dirk Vangerow, photos Foodhunter
After we have been supplied with steaming towels, Kenji Oya takes the order. This can take a while in Japan because it is discussed and pondered back and forth. Then Master Obayashi gets going and you can see straight away: he is a master of his trade.
The seed of Fugu also called “Shirako” ...
First there is grilled fish milk from the fugu. This grilled fish milk is very rich in amino acids and has the consistency of soft tofu. At first it tastes like egg, then like milk, then like fish.
Then it comes in quick succession: Raw liver from Buri, the big brother of the yellowtail mackerel. Hopefully he didn't mistake it for the liver from the fugu. A ¼ gram should be enough to knock an elephant down.
Even on ice it still exudes a certain danger ...
Pickled sea cucumber in between. With a consistency like a cooked shiitake mushroom, it tastes fresh like the sea.
A temaki from Buri-No-Harami, the belly of the Buri.
Then the highlight. Fugu sashimi with shiso leaves and stalks and chili. A quick look at Kenji if he is also eating.
He does it, so close your eyes and go through.
Fugu fillet in wafer-thin slices, shiso and chili
This fish tastes really unique. With a self-made soy sauce that only needs a drop, it melts on the tongue. Or is it the adrenaline? In any case, Fugu is one of those things that you simply have to eat in life.
A big sip of Shōchū on the Rocks (potato schnapps with 25%, is also called Japanese vodka) seals the adventure.
Japanese vodka “Shōchū on the Rocks”
Tadao Obayashi Sushi Naniwa
4-6-21 Sumiyoshi, Hakata-ku
- Kurdish is spoken in Armenia
- Is manuka honey healthy
- What are the side effects of chemtrails
- Did the Irish invent a lot of alcoholic beverages
- What is special about Canada
- What is the greatest finesse in history
- How do I fix MBR error 1
- How many Serbs use Quora
- Who met the most people
- What experiences have people made with RapidMiner?
- Happened the 3rd world war
- How is a percentage of the tax return calculated
- What are some wellness documentation
- What sport is an anaerobic sport
- Which process determines the genes we inherit
- Has a president ever refused
- What tools are used by graphic designers
- What is ORTP in VoIP Wholesale Termination
- What are some must read Bengali books
- How is the VaR calculated by investment banks
- What is the use of glutathione tablets
- Who do you distrust
- What if your first ex texts you
- How do you get famous on Myspace