What does DFU recovery do
Cannot update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
You can put your iOS or iPadOS device into recovery mode and then use a computer to restore it.
You might need to use recovery mode to restore your device in the following situations:
- Your computer doesn't recognize your device or says it is in recovery mode.
- The Apple logo has been frozen on the screen for a few minutes and there is no status bar.
- The recovery mode screen appears.
Learn what to do if the status bar has been on the screen for several minutes.
Put the device in recovery mode and set it up again
- Make sure your Mac is up to date. If you're using iTunes, make sure you're using the latest version of iTunes.
- On a Mac with macOS Catalina, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes. If iTunes is already open, close it and open it again. Find out which macOS your Mac is using.
- Keep your device connected and wait for the recovery mode screen to appear:
- iPad models without a home button: Briefly press the volume up button. Press the volume down button and release it immediately. Press and hold the standby button until the device restarts. Continue to hold the standby button until the device goes into recovery mode.
- iPhone 8 or later: press the volume up button and release it immediately. Press the volume down button and release it immediately. Then press and hold the side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold the side or top button and the volume down button at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen.
- iPad with home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold the home button and the side button or top button at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen.
- Find the device on your computer. If you can choose between the "Restore" and "Update" options, select "Update". Your computer will now try to reinstall the software without deleting your data. Wait for your computer to load the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and the recovery mode screen closes, wait for the download to finish and repeat step 3.
- After the update or restore is complete, you can set up your device.
- If you see an error while updating or restoring your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, see what to do.
- If you cannot update or restore your device while in recovery mode, or if you cannot use recovery mode due to broken buttons, or if you cannot turn off Activation Lock on your device, contact Apple Support.
- Why is the Buddha described as without a trace
- Which drugstores are there in Paris
- Which antivirus is better for laptops
- What is the radius of 100 air miles
- How do I determine my inner strength
- Can you hack WiFi on Android?
- What modern pastime is destroying American culture
- Should we treat animals according to human standards
- What is considered a real fist fight
- How are cadets treated in academies
- Can be taken Monistat for bacterial vaginosis
- Can I cancel my Shopify account?
- Software has become a countable noun
- Which is the best smartphone among 40,000
- Is charcoal good for your teeth?
- Are Sagittarius and Arians compatible in love?
- Dwyane Wade has a son
- Will Rahul Gandhi really stop
- Why are some companies more successful than others
- Is suicide an individual act
- How can I download 3D songs
- What nation hates losers the most
- Where can I find a nice animated GIF
- Are compounds of radioactive elements also radioactive
- Knows Littlefinger Jon Snow
- Why are we being punished for our sins
- What gives Christianity a bad name
- Why should yoga be taught in schools
- Is Shivaji a true patriot
- How does Product Hunt chase a product
- What is the most durable privacy fence
- What is Poisson ratio What is it application