What year was Juan N Seguin born
Floresville, Texas - Floresville, Texas
Location of Floresville, Texas
|Coordinates: 29 ° 8'23 "N 98 ° 9'42" W /. 29.13972 ° N 98.16167 ° W./29.13972; -98.16167 Coordinates: 29 ° 8'23 "N 98 ° 9'42" W. /. 29.13972 ° N 98.16167 ° W./29.13972; -98.16167|
|• Art||Council Manager|
|• City council|| Mayor Sherry Castillo |
Johnny Ray Nieto
|• City administrators||Henrietta Turner|
|• A total of||7.72 square miles (19.99 km 2 )|
|• Country||7.69 square miles (19.92 km 2 )|
|• Water||0.03 square miles (0.07 km 2 )|
|• A total of||6,448|
|• Density||1,046.03 / sq mi (403.89 / km 2 )|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code (s)||830|
|GNIS function ID||1357499|
Floresville is a city in Wilson County, Texas, USA. According to the US Census Bureau, the population at the 2010 census was 6,448. It is the county seat of Wilson County. The city is also part of the San Antonio statistical metropolitan area.
Floresville is 29 ° 8'23 "N 98 ° 9'42" W /. 29.13972 ° N 98.16167 ° W./29.13972; -98.16167 (29.139805, -98.161692). The city has a total area of 15 km 2 , all land.
This is approximately 35 miles southeast of downtown San Antonio.
Historical inhabitants of the region were Lipan Apache tribes. After the Spanish discovery of America, western settlement came in the form of Christian missions. In the middle of the 18th century, Mision de las Cabras, "the goat farm", was founded near Floresville as a mission ranching operation for Mission Espada. Indian and Spanish vaqueros lived and worshiped here while tending to the herds of animals. This would be the forerunner of the Texas ranching industry.
The country and the name of this city would be given in honor of the Flores de Abrego family, descendants of the former Canary Islanders. Don Francisco Flores de Abrego was an early settler in the area. His ranch was 10 km northwest of what is now Floresville. Four of his sons, Salvador, Manuel N., Nepomuceno, and Jose Maria, served Texas in the Revolution from 1835 to 1836.
Don Erasmo Seguin (* 1782 in San Antonio) also settled in this area at the end of 1824, bought a ranch and raised a family here with his wife. His ranch "Casa Blanca" started as 36 km 2 large area near present-day Floresville. The Erasmo Seguin family had previously lived in San Antonio de Bexar and also owned a 89 km 2 large Ranch further south (in what is now Karnes County). Now, however, she decided to build and live in Floresville.
Juan Seguín (* 1806 in San Antonio), one of the sons of Erasmo Seguin, was also a prominent military and political figure in Texas. He would return with his family to reside on his father's Floresville ranch from 1848 to 1852. Juan then built a house on land adjacent to his father's in 1852, 3 miles northwest of downtown Floresville, and lived there until about 1883. He had come back from a necessary self-imposed exile in Mexico, 1842-1848.
As a colonel in the Texas Army, Juan Seguin, a true hero of the Texas Revolution (1835-1836), was later blamed by some Anglo-Texans for the loss of San Antonio (then part of the Republic of Texas) to attacks from Gra. Rafael Vásquez under Gra. Santa Anna's command in 1842, and his life was threatened. Santa Anna tried to bring Texas back under Mexican control. Though Colonel Seguin had struck Gra. Vásquez's forces returned via the Rio Grande and were belittled because of Mexican sympathies and loyalties. In exile (from 1842), once in Mexico, he then declared himself ready to serve under Santa Anna in the Mexican-American War of 1846–1848. Gra. Santa Anna tried to reclaim Texas from the United States in 1846 after Texas was willingly annexed by the United States in 1845. After this war, Juan Seguin left Mexico in 1848 and returned to his father's Floresville Ranch in what is now Texas.
In the early morning hours of October 30, an EF2 tornado landed south of downtown. The tornado slowly intensified until it reached the city limits. The tornado threw a trailer on the Holiday Inn building. Floresville High School was badly damaged to the point where it almost collapsed. A shop was hit by rubble before the storm left the city limits. The tornado hit the oil fields towards Sutherland Springs. It rose before it reached Sutherland Springs.
|US Decennial Census|
According to the 2000 census, the city was home to 5,868 people, 1,908 households and 1,457 families. The population density was 1,234.5 people per square mile (477.0 / km 2 ). There were 2,114 housing units at an average density of 444.8 per square mile (171.8 / km 2 ). The racial makeup of the city was 71.32% White, 1.64% African American, 0.48% Native American, 0.34% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 22.89% from other races, and 3.29% from two or more races. 64.01% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 1,908 households out of which 38.8% had children under the age of 18, 54.2% were married couples living together, 17.3% had a female householder with no husband, and 23.6% were non-families. 21.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.89 and the average family size was 3.36 people.
In the city, the population was distributed: 29.4% under 18 years of age, 8.8% between 18 and 24 years of age, 28.1% between 25 and 44 years of age, 19.0% between 45 and 64 years of age and 14.7% at the age of 65 or 65 years older. The median age was 33 years. For every 100 women there were 93.5 men. For every 100 women aged 18 and over there were 91.5 men.
The median income for a household in the city was $ 30,093 and the median income for a family was $ 34,482. Males had a median income of $ 27,152 versus $ 19,616 for women. The per capita income for the city was $ 13,340. About 14.0% of families and 18.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 22.4% of those under 18 and 16.7% of those over 65.
Served by the Floresville Independent School District, the city of Floresville is home to the Floresville High School Tigers.
Portions of the 1974 film Sugarland Express directed by Steven Spielberg were shot in Floresville. In the film the city is called "Rodrigo". Other scenes were filmed in various locations in Wilson County and the nearby Lone Oak Community.
Portions of the 1980s film The Big Brawl was filmed with Jackie Chan in downtown Floresville.
parts of The Great Waldo Pepper with Robert Redford was shot on the outskirts of Floresville and the neighboring town of Poth.
Portions of "Thaddeus Rose and Eddie (1978)" with Johnny and June Carter Cash were filmed in Floresville.
Floresville City Hall is located near the Wilson County Courthouse.
The Floresville Veterans Memorial was inaugurated on November 11, 2004.
Floresville Tourist and Visitor Center on the US Highway 181 loop
Cattle graze next to the Connally Memorial Medical Center.
The still operating Arcadia Theater in Floresville is directly across from the Wilson County Courthouse.
First Baptist Church of Floresville
In Floresville, the First United Methodist Church is across from the First Baptist Church.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen climate classification system, Floresville has a humid subtropical climate, which is abbreviated to "Cfa" on climate maps.
- ^ "Floresville, Texas City / City Government / City Council / Schedule, Location". Retrieved September 9, 2016.
- ^ "City of Floresville, Texas / City Departments / Administration / Manager, Secretary, Finance". Retrieved September 9, 2016.
- ^ "2019 US Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved August 7, 2020.
- ^ a b "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- ^ a b "US Census Website". United States Census Bureau. Accessed on January 31, 2008.
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". Geological survey of the United States. 2007-10-25. Retrieved on January 31, 2008.
- ^ "QuickFacts Floresville City, Texas". US Census Bureau. Retrieved on April 9, 2019.
- ^ "Find a county". National Association of Counties. Archived from the original on May 31, 2011. Retrieved on June 7, 2011.
- ^ "US Gazetteer Files 2016-Places-Texas". US census . Retrieved January 7, 2017.
- ^ "Casa Blanca - Seguin Family History Society". Retrieved September 9, 2016.
- ^ Poll, Historic American Buildings. "Juan N. Seguin Ranch House, northwest of Floresville, Floresville, Wilson County, TX". Retrieved September 9, 2016.
- ^ "Honoring a Texan Hero - Seguin Family Historical Society". Retrieved September 9, 2016.
- ^ http://www.kens5.com/picture-gallery/weather/2015/10/30/damage-photos-possible-tornado-in-floresville/74863658/
- ^ "Event Details". National Climate Data Center.
- ^ "Population and Housing Census". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- ^ "Floresville, Texas Köppen Climate Classification (Weather Basis)". Retrieved September 9, 2016.
- ^ Severo, Richard (1993-06-16). "John Connally of Texas, a two-party power, dies at 76". The New York Times . ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved on May 2nd, 2016.
- What do you learn in accounting class
- How can I be an angel investor
- Which team does Messi play for
- How can I get my novel 2 published
- What are some good camping activities
- All cheap foods are good to eat
- Should I help everyone
- What are chitlins made of
- Which is better Vim or Gvim
- Should I go to psychiatry or to technology?
- What math is required to understand investing
- What's the best Vegas hotel
- What are some great books on pricing
- The world comes to you
- What are the disadvantages of table tennis
- Who is the youngest leader of France
- How many inches are in a mile
- The aircraft RCAF CP 140 is used
- Why is my PaintTool SAI so small
- Why are introverts very attractive
- Which browser has a high speed of light
- Who is Fraser Anning
- Which is better Townsend Harris or Stuyvesant
- Who has the better military power?