What does subversion
The adjective subversive means "subversive" and describes activities that aim firstly to overthrow or change the prevailing (state) order and secondly are often carried out in secret. The persons or organizations performing these activities can also be used as subversive are designated.
The word is from the synonymous English subversive borrowed from the Latin subvertere (overturn) derives.
Audio sample: Listen to the pronunciation
Phonetic transcription (IPA):[ˌZupvɛʁˈziːf]
What makes the band's music particularly interesting is that subversive Messages that can be read again and again between the lines of the summery easily digestible texts.
The plans of the subversive Fortunately, the association was discovered in good time.
Guerrilla gardening is often illegal, at least subversive Cultivation of urban areas - flowers on officially created but forgotten beds, lettuce on traffic islands, butterfly meadows instead of football turf in the city park or cacti on gaps in the pavement.
- Volker Schmidt (2011), Die Netzgärtner, ZEIT online.
Grammar and inflection
|subversive||more subversive||most subversive|
|Feminine||subversive||more subversive||more subversive||subversive|
|Masculine||the subversive||of the subversive||the subversive||the subversive|
|Feminine||the subversive||the subversive||the subversive||the subversive|
|neuter||the subversive||of the subversive||the subversive||the subversive|
|Plural||the subversive||the subversive||the subversive||the subversive|
|Masculine||not a subversive one||not a subversive one||not a subversive||not subversive|
|Feminine||not subversive||none subversive||none subversive||not a subversive one|
|neuter||no subversive||not a subversive one||not a subversive||no subversive|
|Plural||no subversives||none subversive||not subversive||no subversives|
Subscribe for free and learn a new foreign word every day
Receive the word of the day every morning with our free newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time. Your data will not be passed on to third parties for advertising purposes.
More interesting words:
eminent - The adjective eminent means "outstanding". Things become eminent ...
perfidious - content: meaning pronunciation usage examples increase and ...
conventional - content: meaning pronunciation usage examples increase and ...
indifferent - content: meaning pronunciation usage examples increase ...
autark - content: meaning pronunciation usage examples increase ...
- How do I challenge myself to learn
- What is the reason for the cloud formation
- People with ASPD cut themselves
- I could make a particle accelerator
- Are all animals coelomate
- What is the leanest type of meat
- Why is the universe not static
- How to say safety in French
- What is the rating of ignis
- What is the Anglicized name for Manasa
- What is a quantum material
- Why are strangers always bad
- What are amplifiers 1
- What is batch normalization
- Who is the best athlete of 2019
- There were extravagant men 100 years ago
- What can I really develop to learn Ruby
- How serious is Nova Southeastern University
- What counts as dry white wine
- Why is Pune Airport so poorly maintained
- Kundalini awakening causes skin problems
- Is there a formula for innovation
- How did you successfully quit opiates
- What is hamboning on the regular show