Why is tea called tea
Difference between tea and tea-like products
Yes it's right. Fruit tea is not a "real" tea.
What is meant by tea is laid down in the guiding principles for tea and tea-like products. It says, "... Tea comes exclusively from the leaves, leaf buds and delicate stems of the tea bushCamellia sinensis ... ". In addition, the guiding principles differentiate between tea-like products, tea extracts and preparations for tea beverages.
To"real" tea include black tea, green tea, white tea, yellow tea, pu-erh tea and oolong tea. They are all obtained from parts of the tea bush, but differ in the fermentation process during production. "Real" tea and flavored tea contain at least 1.5 percent caffeine in the dry matter.
Tea-like products are made from parts of plants that do not come from the tea bush, but are prepared like tea. These include herbal and fruit teas. There are only a few guidelines as to which parts of the plant are used to make tea-like products. For example, the guiding principles stipulate that for peppermint tea "the whole or crushed, dried leaves and parts of the upper stem axis of the peppermint ..." are used. If tea-like products are made from one or two plants, they are labeled with the corresponding plant species, e.g. peppermint tea or rose hip tea with hibiscus. If several types of plants are used, collective names such as herbal or fruit tea are also permitted. Tea-like products do not contain caffeine.
Tea extracts are aqueous extracts from tea or tea-like products from which the water has been withdrawn.
For the production ofPreparations for tea beverages tea extracts are used. These include the so-called instant teas. They are often high in sugar.
Both "real" tea and tea-like products, tea extracts and preparations for tea beverages can be flavored. This must be stated in the name of the food, e.g. fruit tea flavored with an apple and cherry flavor. The term "aroma" must also be included in the list of ingredients.
- Pay attention to the name of the food. There you can see whether it is "real" tea, tea-like products or a product made from tea extracts.
- Take a look at the list of ingredients. So you can see which plants have been used and whether they contain flavors.
Write a comment
- Which country has the most beautiful football?
- Which fruits are white
- Are public gardens important in China?
- When will the cluster version of Redis be released?
- Is the gay voice fake
- Why is she ignoring my text
- Is considered dishonest as a lie
- Can the algorithm help us detect fake messages?
- Are Weber grills worth it
- What is the best war movie 1
- How do I get sleeping pills easily
- When did you become a successful writer?
- What are the new features in Iphone11
- How can I read other telegram messages
- What is the best bait for mud crabs
- Windows 10 is good for video editing
- What things make the world strong
- In which state is Washington DC located
- Why do people buy an expensive iPhone
- What makes a person likable in general
- How do you say adult in Swedish
- How can we improve energy efficiency
- How long can I store ground pork?
- Does technology affect our language