Boys are naturally more hyperactive than girls
ADHD: Girls often show great fluency and mood swings
ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) is also referred to as a "hidden disorder" in girls, as the female gender is less affected and often shows different symptoms than boys. This is why ADHD is often not recognized in girls.
© Zlatan Durakovic - Fotolia.com
“In girls with ADHD, the disorder manifests itself less through hyperactivity and aggression, but more through inner restlessness, constant talking and strong emotional fluctuations. Forgetfulness, lack of self-organization, daydreaming, slow work pace, low self-confidence, anxiety and discouragement are less noticeable than the typical behavioral disorders in boys with ADHD, "explains Dr. Klaus Skrodzki, board member of AG ADHD.
ADHD patients try harder than males to adapt and not attract attention. “Often they just manage to pull themselves together at school. At home they are very exhausted, unstable or show impulsive outbursts. With increasing stress in the higher grades, ADHD patients often no longer manage to fit in. In many cases, you will develop symptoms of depression, self-harming behavior, eating disorders, or signs of an anxiety disorder. They are also at risk of addiction, ”describes Dr. Skrodzki's comorbidities ”in girls with ADHD. Often these disorders are diagnosed and treated, and the underlying disorder, ADHD, often goes undetected for a long time. Only when the diagnosis of ADHD is made and treated will the corresponding therapies usually also improve the accompanying and secondary diseases.
This is a press release from the professional association of paediatricians e.V. This press release or parts of the article can be reprinted from the following source: www.kinderaerzte-im-netz.de. In the case of publication in online media, the source must be linked to this home page or to a subpage of the BVKJ parent portal. In principle, photos and images may not be used.
- Why we study digital electronics
- Why do so many people hate Comcast
- How do I smoke hamburgers
- Which 150cc bikes are best for women?
- Ventilation of the lawn helps with drainage
- Can a person actually think harder
- What can form hydrogen bonds
- What is the importance of dosage forms
- How can I become a listening book teller
- What does mythology mean
- Has a lot of thoughts, good or bad
- What is a statin
- What are the characteristics of digital signage
- A pH of 31 is possible
- Did you do CA and CS together
- Why is MongoDB being created
- How did you buy your favorite clothes
- What language do they speak in Bosnia
- What causes swollen lips and yellow urine
- Why not fight soldiers wear bulletproof
- How could a misbehaving teenager be treated?
- Why does schizophrenia affect empathy?
- What is called possessed in Urdu itself
- What are the best online counseling services