Which is better MP3s or WMAs
Audio formats in comparison
Audio formats in comparison
Every radio and podcast producer comes up against the question: Which audio format is the best for my programs and contributions? There is usually no simple answer. Every file format and every codec has advantages and disadvantages.
Before converting / converting, you should be clear about what you plan to do with your audio file: Should it be published in the NRWision media library? Is the program intended for streaming on the Internet or for the home audio system? Should the file be edited again if necessary? Only then can you weigh up which audio format and which properties make the most sense
Compress without loss?
You have to decide whether you want the best possible sound quality or the smallest possible file size. With some audio codecs, the sound is retained in its full bandwidth and without loss. Other codecs compress the file so that it takes up less space or is faster to transfer online. In the best case scenario, it can still be played on many different devices and players. Depending on the strength of the compression, the sound of the music or the voice recording can also be audibly deteriorated.
In the case of audio files, information such as the Sample rate and the Bit rate a role.
- The Sample rate indicates how often the level is saved per second. CDs, for example, have a sample rate of 44,100 Hz. 44,100 values are saved for one second of music.
- The Bit rate defines the amount of data that is processed per second. It can be constant or variable and thus also has an influence on the sound quality.
Important: By converting audio files into other formats, the quality cannot be improved, but only deteriorated or retained. With each compression, part of the audio data is lost - although not necessarily audible.
In the following table we present the audio formats and their properties.
- Parents should be strict
- Scanova io has an API
- Facts are still important in the world
- Why is poverty a public health problem
- What is DMEE
- What are the things that control evolution?
- How much is my website worth
- What is Amazon's Product Image Requirement
- What drove the development of various neurotransmitters
- Can I use Laravel without a blade?
- Who defined adult education
- What kind of jewelry do you buy
- What is a KRISS vector
- What is the Mercaris business model
- Everyone should only be homeschooled
- How different sects of Islam came into being
- Why isn't Facebook offering to buy pinterest
- Why are you not self-sufficient
- Who created nature
- How can I prepare for the NBA
- How good is the Templeton Secondary School
- Can trans women produce semen
- How do small farms survive?
- Who invented the floppy disk