What is the definition of vitamin A.
- Nutritional Lexicon
- Vitamin A
Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that is important for vision, growth, the function of the immune system, reproduction and the mucous membranes.
Important Signs one Vitamin A deficiency are night blindness and dry or flaky skin and mucous membranes. A vitamin A deficiency, which in extreme cases can even lead to blindness, is widespread in emerging countries in contrast to (post) industrialized countries. An overdose of vitamin A can damage the liver and promote cancer.
The Vitamin A requirements of humans is well covered by foods of animal origin, especially cod liver oil and liver. Carotenoids, a vitamin A precursor, also known as provitamin A, are not only found in many red foods, but also in green ones. Provitamin A can be converted into vitamin A in the body.
Recommended intake - D-A-CH reference values *
(Recommended intake in mg equivalent per day)
|Infants up to 4 months||0,5||0,5|
|Infants 4 to under 12 months||0,6||0,6|
|Children 1 to under 4 years||0,6||0,6|
|Children 4 to under 7 years||0,7||0,7|
|Children 7 to under 10 years||0,8||0,8|
|Children 10 to under 13 years||0,9||0,9|
|Children 13 to under 15 years||1,1||1,0|
|Young people 15 to under 19 years||1,1||0,9|
|Adults 19 to under 25 years||1,0||0,8|
|Adults 25 to under 51 years||1,0||0,8|
|Adults 51 to under 65 years||1,0||0,8|
|Adults> 65 years||1,0||0,8|
* D-A-CH reference values for nutrient intake, 1st edition 2015
- Which weapon killed the most in history?
- Are Bengal cats dangerous
- Eat vitamins
- How does the GDPR work one year later
- Why is Ninja Losing Subscribers
- Which is the best app for animation
- How do you say stay in Romanian
- What is a symptom
- Systems engineering is a real technical discipline
- Is silicone oil harmless for cosmetic purposes
- Your parents should accept LinkedIn invitations
- Where can I download Pro Tools 9?
- How to avoid the hedonic treadmill
- How do I join the criminals
- How do I share audible books
- Are you lost
- Why do students compete so often these days
- Who can defeat Darth Vader
- Girls can approach boys
- Should BTS release a song in English
- What is classical math
- What is worth wasting time
- Can policemen hurt people?
- Can Siri reset your phone