How much fuel does a missile need
How ecological is a rocket launch?
It also uses fuels that are not as environmentally friendly. There are rocket stages that use kerosene. There is hydrazine; it is a very poisonous fuel. In the past, you always had to be careful with the space shuttles: when they landed, a test vehicle always drove around them first. Then they sniffed out whether hydrazine was still leaking from the engines, because it is so toxic and you wanted to be sure. The astronauts were only allowed to get out when everything was in order.
Fuel consumption: 12 tons per second for the Saturn V.
The largest rocket that has flown so far is the Saturn V, which brought the astronauts to the moon. If I know the number by heart, it burned twelve tons of fuel per second in the first few seconds. There was a lot of exhaust gas.
Upper stage engines with hydrogen and oxygen
But there is also an interesting side where it actually works quite well. Because now you have upper stage engines that are fueled with hydrogen and oxygen. If you bring the two to react with each other, then water is produced. So you actually have an environmentally friendly rocket engine.
The Apollo-Saturn rockets also had stages in which hydrogen and oxygen were burned. The space shuttles flew with this combination. And in the end, water comes out of the back.
- Broadcast on
- Healthcare in Nepal is free
- What are the best Nintendo 64 games
- Why am I bored after intercourse?
- Where can I eat laksa in Istanbul
- Who are the main categorical logicians
- How many sexually reproducing species are there?
- Is Maryland a beautiful place to live
- Every religion has a prayer
- How is Nagpur Interactive Teaching Institute
- Who was the first female assassin in history
- How can I fail the exam?
- What can the President do unilaterally?
- Do I look really good to her?
- What was in your FBI file
- What is 20mm to inches
- Shopify is the amazon of ecommerce
- Operational soldiers still have classes
- What is special about Tenali
- Train parents with children
- Should I stop working to relax?
- Where do Android developers hang out online
- What would Tupac think of Drake?
- What types of business analysts are there?
- What does delegent