Why do people still create HTML websites
Create your first own HTML page
We get in here very easily. In doing so, we will very quickly design an HTML page that can be displayed in a web browser.
The examples will be kept very simple at the beginning so that a basic understanding can be built up. As a result, the first pages that we create here are not yet valid HTML, but simply for learning HTML. Valid HTML pages are structured according to certain rules.
But do not worry - we will soon get from simple websites to valid HTML pages via the corresponding increase in knowledge, and you will have the tools at hand to be able to control yourself!
Create a very simple HTML page
For a basic understanding, we will now create a page in a simple text editor (e.g. the Windows "Editor" program, to be found under "All Programs" - Accessories). With Windows, just type “Editor” into the search function and start it.
We save this file under the name "index.htm". The file extension is important. We use the file extension to say that it is an HTML page. It is important for the editor under Windows that the file type is set to “All files” - otherwise it can happen that our file is actually “index.htm.txt“And is therefore not an HTML page. The display of the last file extension can be suppressed depending on the setting of the operating system and one then wonders that nothing works as described here. Therefore, please make sure that the file extension is entered accordingly!
When saving should be as coding UTF-8 selected become. What UTF-8 is good for is explained in a later chapter.
Task: 1 HTML page
Create a file with the file name "index.htm" and the following content. Please make sure that all spaces and breaks are also taken over!Welcome to my first HTML page. Here you can find my first steps in HTML to learn HTML with the HTML COURSE https://www.html-seminar.de Your Mustermann
Save the file as an HTML page
The file has the browser logo in the operating system due to the file extension “.htm” (usually the E of Internet Explorer or, depending on the web browser, the corresponding symbol).
The file is now displayed in the file browser with the corresponding icon - here the familiar E from Internet Explorer for Internet pages:
Or the equivalent for Firefox:
Pay attention to the file extension - it went wrong when the following symbol appears:
Now let's look at this page with a web browser. As soon as we double-click the file, it is displayed in the web browser. The output in the browser should look something like this:
Welcome to my first HTML page. Here you can find my first steps in HTML to learn HTML with the HTML COURSE https://www.html-seminar.de Your Mustermann
Amazing, isn't it? All breaks are removed and multiple spaces are combined into one space. Don't be surprised - this is completely normal in HTML.
Shocked how easy it can be to create HTML pages?
That is definitely an HTML page (even if not valid). Here you can see the reason for the triumph of HTML. By very simple means, content can be made available to others who can then access it worldwide. All we have to do is move our file to a web server (we will come to that later).
In the following chapter we want to structure our text and display it cleanly.
Summary: first HTML page
- HTML pages are pure text files, therefore any text editor can be used
- The file extension of the file name is important (".Htm" or ".html") - this will display the file in the Internet browser
- As Coding UTF-8 choose
- Breaks and multiple spaces are irrelevant - The browser only ever displays 1 space
- The Source code of any website can be viewed (right mouse button and corresponding menu item). This is how you can learn from other websites.
Recommend • Social Bookmarks • Thank you
If you find a bug, please let us know (regardless of whether spelling mistakes or errors in content).
With a mouse Mark the faulty point and take over with the following button:
- What is C programming about?
- How can I become a subtle man
- How does travel benefit the mindset
- What is cmm
- How is megaloblastic anemia treated
- Which politicians got wealthy while serving the taxpayers?
- How does Google AdSense work
- Why do people love Edward Snowden
- Is the ego necessary for survival
- Columbus crew was guilty
- What is the American opinion of Oasis
- Why is Heroku not showing my clip art
- College is easier than the IB program
- Good guys cheat the most
- The KTM RC 125 is worth buying
- Who is the hottest K-Pop artist
- What are some examples of trading blocks
- How was Sinclair Lewis so forgotten
- What makes Michelangelo's David so impressive
- What does it mean when my period stops
- What math is required to understand investing
- What are the routines of successful people
- How does a keto body tone work
- What is phase coding
- What does DDU mean for export imports
- Is chestnut growing profitable?
- What is the best college for journalism
- How is it in the afternoon
- What are stocks
- Germans connect with East Prussia
- Who is the founder of Uzbekistan
- Which law firms offer apprenticeships?
- What's your favorite Prince song
- How do I get past my insecurities?