What are the main selling points of Google Classrooms
Google reveals the most popular search terms for 2020
Almost everyone reading this is probably using Google to find the things they need on the web. If so, you helped shape Google's list of the most searched terms for 2020.
Some of the most popular search terms might surprise you. Some are perfectly obvious. Either way, it's always interesting to take a look at the year ahead to see what the entire internet browser community is interested in. This is exactly what Google did in search with its 2020 year.
The top 10 Google searches of 2020
- Election results
- Kobe Bryant
- India versus New Zealand
- Coronavirus update
- Coronavirus symptoms
- Joe Biden
- Google Classroom
As expected, the internet wanted to know more about the coronavirus as it found its way around the world. Between looking up the virus itself, symptoms of the virus, and news of it, three of the top ten searches were related to the global pandemic.
The next most important topic is the choice, which took two of the top 10 places. In second place are the election results, which makes sense as the results came out slowly. Number nine belonged to the new President of the United States, Joe Biden.
Sport was also the focus of interest. The tragic death of Kobe Bryant took third place in terms of search volume. India versus New Zealand was overwhelmingly popular in the search world too.
Other interesting takeaways
Outside of the most important global search results, you can also narrow them down to specific countries and categories. In the US, for example, election results were more popular than coronavirus. Coronavirus was the most searched term in the UK, with the US elections ranked second. It's fascinating to see what was prioritized in different parts of the world.
One search guide that I found particularly surprising was Ryan Newman, the number one athlete. After digging a little deeper, I learned that he survived a devastating crash during the Daytona 500 and that fans were desperately looking for his health. You never know what you might discover.
See what you can learn
You can even use Google's 2020 Search Trends to learn more about food and beverages. For example, Dalgona coffee was the world's most wanted recipe in 2020 that I never heard of today. Now that I know what it is, I want to give it a try!
Take a look at Google's recap of 2020 and see what you can discover. You might want to know who was the most popular actor in Egypt. Or maybe you are curious about what TV shows people were most curious about on a global scale. There is a lot to discover in 2020 and it might help you distract yourself from 2020.
- Why are potatoes beige
- Why wasn't Monica Lewinsky married?
- Can the desert formation be successfully countered by permaculture
- How healthy is the Canadian health system
- What are some statistics related to divorce settlements
- How did modern dance emerge from ballet?
- Why is my phone heating up
- Why analytics
- Can you measure plasma
- Have you ever seen real psychological phenomena
- What is your favorite website builder
- What are the different markets in business
- How do I make Jaljeera
- How is this physical problem solved
- Is egg liqueur better with rum or worse
- Not all religions are man-made
- What is titin protein
- Influences the performance of your employees in the growth of your company
- Are there startup schools in Europe?
- How are the interest rates determined
- How do I get started with skateboarding
- What is the goal of creative testing
- What are the uses of GitHub projects
- Which anime characters have the saddest past