What does Holla
Part of speech: interjectionHyphenation:
- get | la
- IPA: [ˈHɔla]
- 1) Exclamation expressing surprise, astonishment
- It is an old imperative of the verbto fetch, which was originally used as a call to the ferryman in the sense of 'get over!'
- 1) "Holla!“, The mouse beeped. "Don't try so hard, my fat one!" (Based on a fable by Aesop)
- 1) "Holla! Where did the ball come from now? "
- 1) Holla the forest fairy!
- French: 1) oh là là
- Swedish: 1) oj, åhå, holla
- Spanish: 1) ¡epa!
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„And then you are amazed: Well holla, now even “Spiegel” and “Zeit” are starting to defend these unruly Saxons.“
Leipziger Internet Zeitung, January 11, 2021
„Except that the story and the game should be totally awesome ... and holla, so they were! 13 characters sounds way too much at the beginning.“
jpgames.de, December 29, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary containing "holla":
Hello:… 1) olá Swedish: 1) hallå, ståhej Spanish: 1) barullo (male), jaleo (male) Similar terms: Hall, Halle, halle, Halo, holla…
Heligoland: ... Holy Land b) more likely, however, comes from the etymolg. Root the afries. or asächs. holla "head", "elevation", as it is contained in many place names. See also Helgen ...
Holla the forest fairy: ... pop music, much more drastic lyrics. Would I translate it for you now, but then: Holla, the forest fairy. 1) Apparently fewer and fewer people want to go to stupid halls with ...
Hm:… [High-low: hm-m] consent synonyms: 1) nam-nam! [Baby talk] 2) Take it easy - 3) o !, holla! 4) yes application examples: 1) “Hmm,” he exclaimed, “so fresh potatoes ...
There are things that don't exist:… My goodness / oh, my goodness, that's a thing 1) ah, ey, ha, hach, hello, he, hey, hoi, holla, yes, well, no, oh, oha / Austrian: öha , oops, wow Application examples: ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Holla" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/holla/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. Add a note to the entry "holla". You can add application examples or hints to the use of the term "holla". Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
hollandi (Estonian) part of speech: adjective, undeclinable syllable division: hol | lan | di word meaning / definition: 1) Dutch, ...
hell (West Frisian) Part of speech: noun, (utrum) Hyphenation: hol | le Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: [ˈhol…]…
hollen (Dutch) Part of Speech: Verb Conjugations: Present: ik hol; jij (je) / u fetches; hij, zij gets present participle: ...
hollered (English) Part of speech: Conjugated form Grammatical features: Simple past of the verb holler Part of speech:…
hollering Part of Speech: Participle I Grammatical characteristics: Present participle of the verb holler
hollers (English) Part of speech: Conjugated form Grammatical characteristics: 3rd person singular indicative present active of the verb holler
holloed (English) Part of speech: Conjugated form Grammatical characteristics: Simple past of the verb hollo Part of speech:…
holloing Part of Speech: Participle I Grammatical characteristics: Present participle of the verb hollo
hollow (English) Part of speech: noun Hyphenation: hol-low, plural: hollows Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: [ˡhɒləʊ],…
hollow cylinder (English) Part of speech: noun Hyphenation:?, Plural:? Meaning of the word / definition: 1) Hollow cylinder ...
hollowed (English) Part of speech: Conjugated form Grammatical characteristics: Simple past of the verb hollow Part of speech:…
- Eats the placenta healthy
- Are Uber and BlaBlaCar competitors
- Like the Time Lords
- How colliding plates cause earthquakes
- Why is Fairy Tail so badly written
- For gardening, which pipe is better
- What does stuck mean?
- What defines the size of a star
- What are some examples of anabolism
- Can the death penalty reduce rape
- How can steel structures be repaired
- Why is Heroku not showing my clip art
- Redheads can go bald
- What are the cons of React Native
- ObamaCare failed
- Where can we use spray paint
- What is the volume of the ring
- Is there a global business with film locations
- What do you think of table tennis
- Who are the best bespoke tailors in Shanghai
- What would crash a private plane?
- Why does Snapchat produce face filters
- What happened to Teslas stock
- An IPS representative receives promotions