When will the Knicks make the playoffs
NBA Playoffs: Philadelphia 76ers get Topseed - what are the L.A. Clippers, New York Knicks and Utah Jazz doing?
The Philadelphia 76ers are the first to be determined in the East, the Dallas Mavericks bypass the play-in and the Wizards are pulling the Bulls out of reach. In addition, the clippers provide an unexpected development. SPOX has an overview of the race for the playoff places.
There is only one direct playoff spot left, and the reigning champions are in the running. The other team from L.A. meanwhile falls one place due to a questionable personnel decision, but can probably bypass the Lakers in the first round.
The Mavericks have been established as the playoff team and also have the best cards for fifth place in the west. The 76ers were the first in the east to secure home advantage for the entire east playoffs, the fight for fourth, fifth and sixth place remains exciting.
Eastern Conference: These playoff teams have been determined
|4||New York Knicks||40||31|
Play-in tournament: Boston safely lands in 7th place
Behind the top 6 it remains exciting. The Celtics land safely in 7th place, while Charlotte, Washington and Indiana are in a close race for 8th place. There is now a direct duel between the Hornets and Wizards.
The Wizards had secured their place in the play-in tournament with a win against the Cavaliers, so the Bulls have to wait another year for postseason basketball.
Eastern Conference: The race for the play-in tournament
As a reminder, this is how the play-in tournament works!
Play-in in the east according to today's status:
- Game 1: (7) Boston vs. (8) Charlotte - the winner goes into the playoffs as a 7-seed
- Game 2: (9) Washington vs. (10) Indiana- the winner remains in the play-in tournament, the loser is eliminated
- Game 3: Loser from Boston / Charlotte vs. Winner from Washington / Indiana - the winner goes into the playoffs as an 8-seed
The playoff picture in the Western Conference
The hoped-for help for the Lakers and Mavs came from the Phoenix Suns on Friday night. In a crime thriller, the Trail Blazers lost to the Suns and that in turn enables the Lakers to draw level on their own if you win all the games. But after the Blazers have the tiebreaker over L.A., Portland would have to lose one more game for the Lakers to avoid the play-in.
The Mavericks have been a playoff team since their win against the Raptors and can hold fifth place with a win against the Timberwolves on Sunday. That would currently lead to a rematch from the previous year with the L.A. Clippers, who lost to the Rockets.
The Suns kept the pressure on Jazz by winning the Spurs. So Utah has to win the final game of the regular season with the Kings if it doesn't want to run the risk of slipping to second place.
Western Conference: These playoff teams have been determined
Play-in tournament: The Kings fall out, Spurs are sure to be there
Over the past few days, the Golden State Warriors (currently 8th place) have turned out to be the scare of favorites thanks to victories over the Jazz and Suns. "We were the hunted for years. Now we're hunting again," said Draymond Green, satisfied afterwards. The question now arises as to which of them is being hunted and how: After the Warriors and Grizzlies have narrow victories on Saturday night, the two teams are still tied. Spicy: Memphis and Golden State face each other again on the last day of the game, the winner secures eighth place.
Eliminated in the fight for the playoffs are the Pelicans and the Sacramento Kings, who suffered a narrow defeat against those Grizzlies. "I would be lying if I said that it feels like any other defeat," said top scorer Justin James after he had braced the defeat with 31 points. "It's a shame for us, a shame for our city, but we will make it in the future."
As a consequence, the San Antonio Spurs are safely represented in 10th place in the play-in tournament in the west despite their defeats against the Knicks and Suns.
Western Conference: The race for the play-in tournament
|6||Portland Trail Blazers||41||30|
|7||Los Angeles Lakers||41||30|
|8||Golden State Warriors||38||33|
|10||San Antonio Spurs||33||38|
Play-in in the west as things stand today:
- Game 1: (7) Los Angeles vs. (8) Golden State - the winner goes into the playoffs as a 7-seed
- Game 2: (9) Memphis vs. (10) San Antonio - the winner remains in the play-in tournament, the loser is eliminated
- Game 3: Los Angeles / Golden State losers vs. Memphis / San Antonio winners - the winner enters the playoffs as an 8-seed
- How are spirits evoked
- Does the Polish President speak Russian?
- What are the Death Troopers
- Huge grocery stores have dry ice
- Can I apply for a job in Singapore?
- What is membership in a political party
- Why do I deliver orange with pieces
- Some know about Gwt
- What are some relationship deal breakers for you
- How do I save images in Azure
- How do I start a business with TikTok
- Why does Lil Jon always wear sunglasses
- What is Google Trends 3
- What are the biggest misunderstandings about wealth
- What are the disadvantages of digital courses
- How do I create new ideas
- Which parts of chess regularly confuse beginners?
- How do I create secure backlinks
- Which aquatic animal is not a fish
- Homework was invented as a punishment
- What is Kolkata Business Idea
- What does AWS
- Mortgage rates can turn negative
- What do you think of beauty products