Runs the duty of the jury on public holidays
U.S. Legal System: America's Difficult Finding the Right Jury
The US legal system is known to be based on a great absurdity. It is surrounded by glamorous ceremonies - "All rise!", It says at the beginning of a hearing, the room jumps open, and then it is announced that the "State of New York" or the "Commonwealth of Massachusetts" is now against Mr. respectively Mrs. So-and-so enters.
It is armed with thick leather-bound codes of law, entire libraries full of meticulous precedents. The battlements of American jurisprudence are guarded by hordes of well-paid professionals: lawyers for all walks of life here, district attorneys there. In the center sit judges in black robes, reverently called "honorable ones".
In the end, however, jurisdiction is left to twelve people who have not studied law for a semester, have not read a single one of the thick codes of law, and are actually characterized by nothing but their comprehensive ignorance - twelve people who are literally picked up on the street at random. Twelve people like in the classic Hollywood film "12 Angry Men" with nothing to hand but a bit of morality and two ounces of common sense.
Every US citizen can find one of those rectangular envelopes in the mailbox, through which one is requested to be present on (date) in (place) for the "jury duty". Excuses like “I have work to do” or “I urgently need to visit my sick mother-in-law” do not count, the duties as a juror take priority.
"Tell the truth"
- Are films still appealing in the holodeck
- How do I develop long-term thinking
- How effective are Gantt charts?
- ObamaCare failed
- Why do I always give up my ideas
- What are some channels similar to Carryminati
- Who deserves to win Wimbledon
- What is the treatment for major depression
- What did your parents live for
- Can be upgraded to Intel Pentium Silver
- What is corn syrup made of
- What is Skolaro School ERP
- How was Amazon started
- How digital communication via antenna is possible
- How did Surya Namaskar change your life
- How many Serbs use Quora
- How useful is TED
- What is electronic cash on delivery
- Where can I download the iPhone X wallpaper
- Winking rudely at girls
- Why was Artemis called Artemis
- How do you construct this function
- The skin becomes darker during menopause
- When did you decide to leave college?