Why some men cannot grow beards
In a study published in the Journal of Evolutionary Biology in 2016, 8,500 women were asked whether they rated men with beards as attractive. The result is not particularly surprising - in fact, women perceive men who wear facial hair as good-looking. Of course, it also depends on whether the beard is well-groomed or not - because a long shaggy mane looks just as bad on the head as it does on the face. But why are hairy men's faces so attractive to women? Because they subconsciously assume that beards are more potent.
Problems with the fluff
Sounds good, doesn't it men? It's just stupid if you belong to the kind who just don't want to grow a single whisker - even though some people have long since passed puberty. So why is it that some man cannot save himself from hair on his face and another has to walk around with minimal fluff? Not all men produce the same amount of dihydrotestosterone. DHT, as the metabolite - an intermediate product of the hormone testosterone - is briefly called, is one of the sex hormones and is responsible for a man's body hair. If a body has a low level of dihydrotestosterone, this does not mean a low testosterone level. On the contrary: the body just has to be able to convert the testosterone into DHT. And not everyone can do that.
In the end, the DNA decides
In summary, this means: If the male organism produces little DHT, less hair will grow. In the end, as always, it depends on the genetic make-up, the DNA and the disposition of an individual. Even with loads of DHT in the body, the thick stubble may just refuse to sprout. Attempts to create the long-awaited hairiness with chemical wonder drugs should, however, be abandoned. Dermatologists warn of unsightly side effects such as acne, a bald head or even liver problems.
- What are some startups that designers are looking for
- How does a reset to the factory settings work?
- Where is the Bhima Kali temple
- Without carbohydrates, the brain will stop working
- What are some controversial Java programming practices
- What makes the standard deviation helpful in the calculation
- What is your favorite art
- Which gives you a headache right away
- Is pi greater than 5
- What do you think of postmodernism
- How can I understand physics deeply
- Why does emotion exclude our thinking
- How can this problem be solved 1
- How does online earning work
- Raikoben means something in Japanese
- Do they speak English in Finland?
- What is the scientific name of a clover
- How poetic can you be
- How to convert methylamine to acetone
- What is the elite illusion
- Gout causes poor kidney function
- What is before nanotechnology
- Can you get a mortgage on land
- What is a good affordable deer rifle
- What is spatial domain in image processing
- What's next for the AIB roast
- Where was Trump received
- What are Thanatos powers
- You can take Benadryl with Zyrtec
- Which is better Townsend Harris or Stuyvesant
- Why am I so hideous
- What is meant by gyro radius