What is the molar mass of oxygen
6.3 Molar mass and molar volume
a. Molar mass
The molar mass M (in g / mol) is the mass m (in g) of an amount of substance n equal to 1 mol.
The molar mass of an element is given in the periodic table of the elements (mass number in g / mol).
Molar mass of copper: 63.546 g / mol.
Molar mass of gold: 196.9665 g / mol.
Molar mass of sulfur: 32.066 g / mol.
The molar mass of a compound is calculated in the same way as the molecular mass in u, but the molar masses of the elements are used:
For a chemical formula A.aB. bC.c... is the molar mass:
Calculate the molar mass of calcium phosphate Ca3(PO4)2:
If you know the mass m of a substance portion, you can calculate the amount of substance n in mol.
What amount of substance in moles represents 5.327 g of gold?
The following relationship is given:
Mass of the portion of the fabric: m = 5.327 g.
Molar mass of gold: M = 196.9665 g / mol
Substituting in (1) one obtains:
By repositioning you get:5.327 n = --------- 196.9665
By calculating you get:n = 0.0273 mol
5.327 g of gold represent an amount of substance of n equal to 0.0273 mol.
b. Molar volume
The molar volume Vm (in l / mol) the volume V (in l) of an amount of substance n is equal to 1 mol.V (l) Vm: molar volume in l / mol Vm = --- ---- V: volume in l n (mol) n: amount of substance in mol
If one knows the molar mass M and the density rho of a substance, then the molar volume Vm to calculate:
There is the following relationship between the volume V and the density rho of a substance:
Substituting it into the equation of molar volume we get:V Vm = --- = ----- n rho *
By comparing with (1) you can see that equals, by replacing you get:V.m = ---- rho
If the density rho is determined under standard conditions (certain temperature, 0 ° C and certain pressure, 1 atmosphere), the standard density rho is obtainedn, and the standard molar volume Vmn:V.mn = ----- rhon
molar mass (g / mol)
Density rhon (g / l)
Molar volume V.mn (l / mol)
As can be seen from the table, the standard molar volume is Vmn the same for very different gases. This statement can be further generalized:
At the same temperature and pressure, all gases have the same molar volume Vm. Under standard conditions, V is obtained for the standard molar volumemn:V.mn = 22.4 l / mol
If you know the molar mass or the molar volume of a substance, you can calculate the optimal mass ratios of the starting materials of a chemical reaction. It is also possible to calculate the mass of products you get:
6.4 Calculations on molar sizes
Back to quantitative relationships
Back to the table of contents
- What happens when you contain their emotions
- Spirulina supplements are a scam and hype
- How do I unlock on Snapchat
- How can I become my best version
- How hard do professional MMA fighters beat
- How do I reset a security plugin
- What is the effect of the fat cat
- How did Microsoft make so much money
- Legoland is a good tourist attraction
- California Gas Tax for or against the why
- What is darshan
- Hafnium isomer nuclear weapons are a myth
- Schools should be more relaxed about uniforms
- Australia fight against Chinese influence
- Why Skype doesn't use XMPP
- How good are Durabrand vacuum cleaners
- How do you log into BlueHost
- What is a generic algorithm
- Tspsc group 2 cutoff
- How can I become a listening book teller
- How do I open a ml file
- How can I buy a vehicle online?
- What is the definition of knowledge 1
- Ghosts know they are ghosts