What is simplified technical English
SaaS solution for simplified technical English
The standard for Simplified Technical English (STE; ASD-STE100) simplifies and harmonizes English texts and makes them easier to understand. The »HyperSTE« developed by the Finnish company Etteplan is a content checker for English-language texts in order to improve the quality, comprehensibility and consistency of content in accordance with the STE standard. So far, the locally installed software, which has been available since 2012, has been used to improve the quality of the customer's technical documentation.
According to the company, the recently published SaaS variant (Software as a Service) is the first cloud-based STE solution. This service should enable organizations of all sizes and industries as well as individual technical editors to access the content checker.
Industrial companies all over the world use the STE standard for their documentation in order to ensure the best possible security and comprehensibility, regardless of whether the reader's native language is English or not. The use of the STE standard is mandatory in the aerospace and defense industries. The SaaS variant is also intended to lower the inhibition threshold for introducing STE in other areas such as heavy machinery, human medicine, semiconductors, software and consumer products.
According to feedback from Etteplan's customers, significant cost savings have been achieved with the software. The STE standard does not allow for complicated expressions that can easily lead to misunderstandings. That makes the texts around 30% shorter, which in turn reduces translation and printing costs.
According to the company, the cloud-based software is available in three subscription versions: Basic, Professional and Enterprise. The basic subscription should cost 35 EUR, the professional subscription 75 EUR per user and month. The pricing of the enterprise subscription is customer-specific. [pm]
- Who is better Kohli or Sarfaraz
- Is CA or IAS required
- What are important computer skills
- What are the dangers of burning styrofoam
- Will all people look the same at some point?
- Does LinkedIn have a venture fund
- Why do Hawaiians hate white foreigners
- Help back supports relieve back pain
- What is the gyroscopic torque
- Front-wheel drive is good in the snow
- Do I need a lawyer 1
- What is the oxidation state of SCN
- Are opticians not respected
- How do I get the Smart Share API
- What are some recipes with strained tomatoes
- Where is the actual location of Kailash Mountain
- What are hydrodynamic materials
- How was your first earthquake experience
- How and why is it called philosophy
- What is the structure of sulfur trioxide
- How do i make a rocket motor
- What does a billionaire look like
- How can you populate this planet?
- Who is the founder of Uzbekistan