Are bananas bad for your kidneys
Tips for kidney patients
In addition to the various treatment methods, optimal blood pressure control and the right diet can influence the progression of chronic kidney failure. However, you should only change your diet in consultation with your doctor. Professional nutrition advice can protect you from malnutrition.
Low in protein
Eat a low-salt diet, as the kidneys can no longer filter enough salts from the blood. The consequences are water retention and an increase in blood pressure. In addition, a diet rich in vitamins and low in fat and limiting the amount of protein are recommended. Although patients with chronic kidney disease often suffer from a lack of protein and calorie intake, a reduced protein intake seems to be able to slow down the progression of kidney weakness. Therefore, do not consume more than 0.6-0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight and 30-35 kilocalories per kilogram of body weight per day.
A selection of recommended foods for a low-protein diet and information can be found at: prof-mann.de/nierenbuch/gichtniere/ernaehrung/eiweissreduzierte-kost/.
Low in phosphate
A low-phosphate diet with little dairy products, sausage, egg yolks, nuts and oatmeal can also have a positive effect on the disturbed bone metabolism. Prefer cheeses such as quark, cream cheese, camembert, brie cheese, mozzarella, Harzer Roller, Limburger. Liquid dairy products, on the other hand, contain a lot of potassium and phosphate. Therefore, do not drink more than 1/8 liter of milk, buttermilk or yogurt a day.
The recommended amount of phosphate is 0.8-1 grams per day. You can recognize phosphate additives by the following E numbers: E 338, E 339, E 340, E 341, E 450 a, E 450 b, E 450 c, E 540, E 543, E 544
Low in potassium
A low-potassium diet is usually only necessary in the advanced stages of kidney failure. The recommended amount depends on the severity of the disease and therefore varies from person to person. The recommended amount of potassium in food is around 1.5-2 grams a day. Foods and drinks high in potassium are:
- Fruit and vegetable juices, dried fruit (raisins, dates, figs)
- Bananas, apricots, avocado
- Legumes like peas, beans, and lentils
- Tomatoes, spinach, broccoli, fennel, Brussels sprouts, Swiss chard, kale, olives
- Sprouts and germs
- fresh and dried mushrooms
- Dried potato products (potato chips, potato dumplings, mashed potatoes).
Drinking copious amounts of water does not improve kidney function. Ask your doctor how much fluids to drink each day.
Physical activity can help lower the risk factors for high blood pressure and obesity. However, avoid activities that increase blood pressure, such as B. Weight training. You should also absolutely avoid nicotine, alcohol you should not drink more than 50 grams per day.
Patients with chronic kidney disease should also avoid drugs that can be harmful to the kidney, such as: B. non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, including the most widely used pain medication such as diclofenac or ibuprofen, iodine-containing X-ray contrast media and certain antibiotics, such as. B. amikacin, gentamycin, neomycin or streptomycin. If drugs lead to kidney problems, they should be discontinued immediately and, if necessary, replaced with another active ingredient.
- What if the geocentric theory were real
- Why is red ground stained red
- How similar are the reactions of Macbeth and Banquos
- What do you learn in accounting class
- Is the Abitur itself important
- What is a biometric appointment
- How did Berlin have such large sidewalks?
- The next Bitcoin halving will be different
- What is an epic anime
- How should i download to manage videos
- How can you avoid false spirituality?
- You should take responsibility for other errors
- Who created nature
- What is the rating of ignis
- How good is the Templeton Secondary School
- Why is nitinol classified as an alloy
- What is meant by emotional hunger
- How much has Brexit cost so far
- What is small cap
- What were your best childhood dreams
- What is the OYC number
- What is an informal presentation
- What is the importance of studying sociology
- President Obama was always cool under pressure