What is Elton John's best album
Elton John - "Greatest Hits 1970-2002"
Only the best from over 30 years.Review by Joachim Gauger
Putting together a Best Of album by Elton John is certainly a very special kind of challenge. Major Universal Music has now managed to bring all rights holders to one table and was therefore able to freely select the most beautiful pearls for the first time Pick Elton John's enormous oeuvre. Which may not have made the task any easier.
Elton John celebrated his greatest successes in the seventies. In 1971 he was the first artist since the Beatles to be represented in the American top ten with four titles at the same time. In the mid-seventies he wrote the No. 1 hit "Whatever Gets You Through the Night" with John Lennon, which is not on the Best Of. But his own songs were also very successful in the charts.
"Your Song", "Rocket Man", "The Bitch Is Back", "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road", "Candle In The Wind" and "Crocodile skirt"were hits of those years, which almost everyone still recognizes today, and which have all found a suitable place on this double CD."Bennie and the Jets"As one of the first five-minute songs to be played on the radio, it belongs in every best of anyway. The important role of lyricist Bernie Taupin, who wrote Elton 23 top 40 hits and fifteen top 10 hits in the 70s, is also well documented Wrote singles and five # 1 hits on the body.
The chronologically ordered "Greatest Hits 1970-2002" bypasses the creative void that Taupin left after the two fell out by simply ignoring the time between 1976 and 1982. Nevertheless, when listening to CD 2, the thought arises that the little man with glasses, hat and feather boa despite "I'm still standing"(1983) had its best time in the seventies.
"I Want Love" and "This Train Don't Stop There Anymore" from the last studio album "Songs From The West Coast" prove that Elton John can still write and sing wonderful ballads. But at the latest when the superstar (!) Himself and LeAnn Rimes torment their voices on the slippery surface of wobbling strings in the highest heights ("Written In The Stars"), you want to scold the selection: Where the fuck is actually "Little" Jeannie "?
- What would have made the First World War last longer?
- Where can I get HTML5 banners created
- Schedule an operation
- TechCrunch will report on the launch conference
- Is it uncomfortable to wear condoms?
- What is the chemical formula of LPG
- Compound arcs are considered a weapon
- What is HAL3 camera in mobile phones
- How much is my website worth
- What was the Jurassic Age
- Which website adds cell phone numbers in Aadhaar
- Who created us Why were we created
- Can Pakistan move forward
- Can cheetahs bark yes or no why
- Why can't I get a mortgage?
- What is Apple's attitude towards Hackintosh
- Seattle is a world class city
- Is there a relationship that cannot be saved
- Where does the surname Steffan come from?
- Did anyone predict Trump would be charged?
- How was socialism in Europe
- What makes a person mentally retarded
- Why are computers still so big
- How important is Facebook for digital marketing