Where are the Old Testament saints now
Liturgical devotion to the Old Testament saints in the Latin Church
Schnabel, Nicodemus Claudius (2013) The liturgical devotion of the Old Testament saints in the Latin Church.
Dissertation, University of Vienna. Catholic Theological Faculty
Supervisor: Feulner, Hans-Jürgen
No full text approval by the author.
|PDF document - Not released for display|
All rights reserved
Link to u: search
Abstract in German
After more than 50 years, this liturgical dissertation takes up a thread of discussion that has hardly been spun in the last five decades, apart from a few isolated essays, namely the discussion about a liturgical veneration of the saints of the Old Testament in the West today , especially in the liturgy of the Roman Catholic Church, whose current practice of almost complete non-worship seems to arouse almost no offense and is apparently accepted as the normal case. In its first part, the work sketches in a diachronic perspective examples of such veneration in the liturgical history of the Latin Church, before in the second part it presents current examples of such phenomena in the churches of the Reformation from a synchronous perspective; the third part finally focuses on current developments within the Roman Catholic Church in this area. The examples given in these three main parts from a historical, ecumenical and current intra-Catholic perspective aim to critically inquire into the concerns expressed by Bernard BOTTE in 1957 regarding the introduction of liturgical celebrations of saints of the Old Testament in the Roman Catholic Church as "caractère artificiel" and the In this regard, recall the concrete proposal of the “Sub-Commission for the Jewish Problem Area” located at the Pontifical Unity Secretariat in their basic study of April 1961 and, in the final part of the work, look for responsible and practicable ways for the Church of today in the 21st century to avoid those currently to improve the situation.
Keywords in German
western liturgy / hagiology / heortology / euchology / old testament / ecumenism / saints of the old testament(The PDF layout is identical to the print version of the university thesis.)
Copyright notice: The Austrian Copyright Act applies without restriction to documents that are offered in electronic form via data networks; in particular, according to § 42 UrhG, copies and reproductions are only permitted for personal and private use. For details, see the legal text.
|Edit document (only for administrators)|
- How to work with Adam DAngelo
- What is the Windows 10 download link
- Can Egyptians Succeed in Canada?
- Is Harvard University racist towards Asians
- What celebrities are also good musicians
- How is shisha smoked
- What is the best restaurant in Managua
- What is 1 3 x 1 4
- What big celebrities are on Instagram
- Is this use of the colon correct?
- What types of material used in shirts
- How can I fix stains on pillow cases?
- My Upi Pin
- What is infinity infinity 5
- Is that the new iPhone SE
- Are the Modis guidelines for our country correct?
- What are the things that control evolution?
- How can I stop pissing off my firstborn
- Is Maratha a language or a caste
- Aviation technology has a bright future
- How do schools deal with gentrification
- Is finitely more important or infinite
- How unpredictable can life be
- What is the leanest type of meat