What is genetically modified food
Genetically modified foods
Genetically modified foods (genetically modified food) are mainly produced in the large agricultural states of North and South America (especially soy and maize). Most genetic manipulations serve to protect against insects or fungal diseases, make plants more resistant or are intended to optimize them for processing and storage.
In Germany there is an emotional debate about genetically manipulated food. While many consumers welcome genetically engineered drugs, most oppose genetic engineering in food. While feared direct health disadvantages (such as the triggering of allergies) tend not to be proven in studies, there are scientifically based concerns that genetic engineering could have a negative impact on the biodiversity of crops. The laws on tracing and labeling food are therefore relatively strict. For many, however, they do not go far enough. B. Food must only be labeled from a threshold of 0.5%. Milk, eggs and the meat from with genetically modified feed Raised animals do not even need to be labeled.
In German supermarkets there are practically no products labeled as “genetically modified” - they would probably not find any buyers either. To see them, you have to go to neighboring countries (e.g. the Netherlands).
- www.foodwatch.de - Consumer protection organization founded by the former Greenpeace managing director Thilo Bode: Fights with campaigns for the quality of food.
AuthorsDr. med. Herbert Renz-Polster in: Gesundheit heute, edited by Dr. med. Arne Schäffler. Trias, Stuttgart, 3rd edition (2014). | last changed on at 12:40
- How do you live sober
- What is frontal sinus hypoplasia
- How great was King Aurangzeb Alamgir
- What is a Higgs boson particle 2
- How do I practice singing
- Is the Gaza Strip a country
- Are there narcissistic artists
- What makes a good landscape photo
- Are there rednecks in Russia
- Are you married to your childhood friend?
- How should butter be sent to someone
- Is psychosis an emergency
- Is the singer Johnny Cash still alive?
- What are smart people avoiding
- Where can I get lively discount vouchers
- How does ssris increase BDNF neurogenesis mechanistically
- What are the static properties of SCR
- Who are the breakers
- Which is better Google Domains or Namecheap
- Why do Russians live more in Europe?
- Is fifty old
- What are some good camping activities
- How do you forgive the dead
- What is the best cheap DAC