How can I become a listening book teller
Most professional speakers have experience with voice recordings of all kinds (advertising announcements, telephone announcements, e-learning, synchronized recordings). However, they are missing Experience with regular and hours-long audio book recordings.
NOTE: Audio book recordings require practice in hours of reading aloud (error-free). If you don't have this experience, train before applying or ask us for one Test project.
We start with an onboarding process with all speakers.
The onboarding includes an induction phase for two audio book projects. You go through 4 phases with us:
Phase 1: application
You send us your crisp application stating your fee expectation, the signed license agreement, a list of your equipment and a short demo (please only factual texts and audio book demos).
We will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Note that we are bombarded with applications every week. Our Response time is approx. 8 weeks.
If we like what we hear and read, we'll get back to you.
Phase 2: Audio and quality check of your recordings
You do a one-minute demo for liberaudio. We receive the demo as a wav file and check the quality of your reading and your equipment. If necessary, our sound engineering will contact you to make corrections to your equipment.
This process is of course free of charge for applicants.
(If you are an author and want to record your audio books yourself, we charge a fee of € 149 for this sound and quality check).
We load the finished demo into our speaker database.
Phase 3: First order or test project + test recording
Some authors cannot decide between two voices so quickly, so we get an audio sample from two or three speakers.
You will receive the manuscript, fee proposal, deadline and decide whether you want to have the assignment. If so, record a short audio sample. The customer decides and then we can start.
NOTE: If it is your first audio book, we will do a test project. We get to know your limits and can support you better. This test project is free of charge.
Phase 4: questions + correction loop
The recording starts. You read in the manuscript. If you have any questions, please contact us by phone or email. After the reading, we will check your admission and ask for corrections if necessary. After the audiobook has been completed, we will look together to see what we can optimize in terms of cooperation.
Your tasks as an audio book speaker
We work with various audio book speakers who record from home and a team of sound engineers who process the recordings and ensure that the quality remains constant. Your tasks include:
- Induction phase (onboarding)
- Free audio samples to help customers make decisions
- Inclusion of non-fiction books, guides, blog texts and magazine articles
- Compliance with the director's instructions
- Rough cut (long pauses, rough background noises, talkers)
- Compliance with the production deadlines
- Handling / sending files with WeTransfer
- Correction recordings, if necessary
Your application as an audio book speaker
If you meet the above requirements and would like to read audiobooks, then apply to liberaudio.
Send us the following:
- Demo speech sample from your portfolio
- Demo speech sample for liberaudio cut as wav (download text here)
- Presentation of fees for one hour of running time
- Photo from your recording room / equipment / studio
- User assignment agreement signed as a scan
Send the email to [email protected] (to Marta).
We look forward to you.
- Logic puzzle What happened to PerplexCity
- How can I be familiar with braces?
- How is the health in South Africa
- You should take responsibility for other errors
- Who is your favorite character from SAO
- After the 10th which subject should we take?
- Should I try to talk to her
- Should I believe my girlfriend
- What is David Ricardo's economic theory
- How can a person learn German quickly
- When is a product sustainable?
- How was the Kuiper belt discovered
- What is an AC generator
- Where are Excel AutoRecover files stored
- What is Stephen King's writing process
- What are Zucca melons used for?
- Is electrical energy EET
- Is imagination limited by language
- Why does my Facebook app look different
- What is sensation 1
- If 10x 13 53 what is x
- Read scripts for fun
- Windmills slow down the wind
- People can die of worry
- How artificial intelligence can improve Smart TV
- Has a president ever refused
- When do cats attack
- Why is mechanical energy called mechanical energy
- Should an MBA Finance graduate learn Python
- Why does my friend feel so insecure
- What is your metaphor for life
- Aging is just another word to life
- Bite garden snakes