In which quadrants does the cosine decrease
Reading time: 5 min
We want to read all sine and cosine values from the unit circle. We'll explain how to do this below.
We see that with the unit circle the Opposite cathete (see value on the y-axis) den Sine value indicates and the Affiliate (see value on the x-axis) the Cosine value.
We can just as well say that the point on the circular line carries the sine and cosine values in its coordinates:
In the unit circle, the opposite side corresponds to the sine value and the adjacent side to the cosine value, paying attention to the signs. The following also applies: The coordinates of point P on the circular line of the unit circle indicate cosine value (x) and sine value (y).
Angle with sine and cosine positive or negative
Depending on the angle chosen, we also get negative values for sine, cosine and tangent. Here is an overview with the four quadrants:
|II. Quadrant||I. Quadrant|
|III. quadrant||IV. Quadrant|
We see: sine is positive in the 1st and 2nd quadrant ("top"), cosine is positive in the 1st and 4th quadrant ("right") and the tangent is in the 1st and 3rd Quadrant positive. We get negative values for sine in III. and IV. quadrants ("below"), for cosines in the II. and III. Quadrant ("left") and for the tangent in the 2nd and 4th quadrant.
- What do you regret after reading English literature
- Why does music open so many doors
- Is ranch dressing kosher
- Why was the IPA introduced?
- Should I have fun with my cousin?
- What is Andrew Luck known for?
- What is meant by skipping metastases
- Why startups mainly focus on software development
- Why are people buried individually
- What is the scariest quest in Runescape
- What are the properties of basic particles
- There is a bear market
- What is Longrich
- How can I change my social situation?
- What does eucalyptus look like
- Why does emotion exclude our thinking
- What are AHA technocrats
- Who is Mysterio in the MCU
- What are Tejano music
- Why is the brain so loud
- Who is Menoitius in Greek Mythology
- What are composites in basic chemistry
- What do you call a shirt dress
- Facts are still important in the world