Why do I deliver orange with pieces
Beetroot soup with gingerbread spice
The beetroot soup with gingerbread spice is great for using up the last remnants of the gingerbread spice from Christmas. It brings the aroma of oranges and nuts into the house while it is still winter. The soup is not for the faint of aroma buds, but a little taste bomb.
- 1kg cooked beetroot
- 2-3 tart apples (approx. 300g, e.g. Rubinette)
- 1 orange, untreated (approx. 100ml of the juice and the zest of the peel)
- 6-8 dried figs
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 200ml cream
- 150g creme fraîche
- 50g hazelnuts
- 30g ginger, unpeeled
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spice (e.g. from Violas)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon butter (or oil)
- Salt pepper
30 minutes to prepare, 15 minutes to cook
- Peel onions and cut them into fine pieces.
- Ginger peel and finely chop.
- Peel and core the apples and cut into large pieces.
- Rinse the beetroot and cut into large pieces.
- Rub and squeeze the orange. Set aside the juice and peel.
- Roast the hazelnuts in a pan, let cool down briefly and roughly chop.
- Remove the stalk from the figs and finely dice the figs.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and sweat the ginger and onion in it.
- Add the apple and beetroot pieces and sauté briefly.
- Deglaze with the vegetable stock, add the bay leaf and gingerbread spice and bring everything to the boil.
- Let the beetroot soup with gingerbread spice simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the chopped hazelnuts with the fig pieces and the orange peel.
- When the cooking time is up, take the soup off the heat and puree it finely.
- Add the cream and approx. 100ml orange juice and stir well.
- Heat the beetroot soup again, season with the remaining orange juice, salt and pepper.
If you use fresh beetroot, the cooking time is extended to 30 minutes and you have to plan an additional quarter of an hour for peeling.
Serve the beetroot soup with gingerbread spices with a dollop of creme fraîche and plenty of the hazelnut, fig and orange mixture as a topping.
- Is there a cryptography department in India
- What is quartz sand
- Will daily newspapers survive beyond 10 years
- Will be compiled or interpreted in Prolog
- Are humans related to monkeys
- What are some relationship deal breakers for you
- Where does Kobe Bryant stand all this time
- What is an example of orchestral music
- What is causing civilization to collapse
- How similar are Italians and Jews
- How do musical instruments help the brain
- Dribbble is only for UI designers
- Magneto could redirect a cosmic explosion
- What should I wear with a cardigan?
- What are the sieves of coarse aggregate
- How emergency doctors prevent burnout
- Google has better security than Apple
- What was your worst childhood accident
- Naming convention camelCasing or underscores
- How should coaches fit
- How relevant is Lamarckism
- Everything falls freely into space
- Acts unhealthily
- Which surgeon makes the most money