Prints a printer offline
Fix "Printer Offline": You Can Do That
- Is the printer logged into the WLAN? If not, log it back into the wireless network according to the operating instructions.
- Is the WLAN activated on your computer and there is a connection to the router?
- Is the WLANRouter active?
- There are computers and printers in the same WiFi network?
Under certain circumstances, a printer already shows the printer status "offline" for simple events:
- Some printers switch in energy saving mode to offline. Restarting the printer will usually help if that is the problem.
- Missing paper or a paper jam can have the same effect and provoke the error message "offline" in the menu; both are easy to fix.
- A empty ink cartridge can also be the cause of the printer status offline. Pay attention to the cartridge level indicator on your printer.
Exclude these options first before you move on to any additional action you can take to end your printer status issue.
Further first actions with "Printer offline"
Before you turn your system upside down, the simplest actions can re-establish the connection and change the printer status to "online" and eliminate the error message:
- As a first step, take the Printer completely from the mains, wait half a minute and plug it back in in the next step. Restart it.
- As a last step, lead on yours Computer restart by.
Tip: The best thing to do is to unplug the printer, then perform a complete restart on the computer so that your operating system can restart all tasks and software and correct errors, and only then do you put your printer back into operation.
- Often that is enough Interrupt the WLAN connectionwhich you then reactivate.
- Check that all Printer driver up to date and catch up for updates if necessary.
Tip:With a device integrated into the WLAN, it can be helpful to first connect it to the PC with a printer cable so that important print jobs can be carried out quickly before you start looking for the actual error.
In the best case scenario, you can work with your printer again after these suggestions for a solution. If not, we have other approaches that can help you:
Are all the settings in the Windows Control Panel correct?
A small mistake with a big effect can lead to your annoying problems with the message "Printer offline": A missing or incorrectly set checkmark in the software settings. Fortunately, you can fix this cause of the "Printer offline" display very easily.
Your printer must be approved by the Windows operating system:
- Go to the control panel *.
- Select “Show devices and printers” in the menu, possibly via “Hardware and Sound”.
- Find your printer and right-click on the displayed device in the menu that appears and call up "Printer properties".
- Click there on "Security" and check or check the box next to "Allow".
* You call up the control panel differently depending on the Windows operating system:
- At Windows 10 press the Windows button at the bottom left and enter "Control Panel" in the search field and select it with a click.
- At Windows 8 you enter "Control Panel" in the search and click on the corresponding result.
- At Windows 7 click on "Start" and select "Control Panel".
Sometimes the printer has just paused and is therefore shown as offline. You can check this very easily:
- Call up the "Control Panel".
- Go to "View devices and printers", possibly via "Hardware and Sound".
- With a right click on the device you can display the "printer properties".
- There you will find the "printer settings" of your printer.
- If necessary, remove the check mark next to "Printer paused".
Offline: remove and reinstall printer
Previous advice still could not help you with your problem and your printer will Farther as offline displayed? Then remove the printer from your system and install him New. Follow the instructions below step by step:
- Turn off the printer and disconnect from the computer.
- Remove the printer in the control panel under "Show devices and printers".
- To do this, click on the printer and select "Remove device". The operating system will uninstall the printer, which doesn't take long. Then shut down the PC and restart it!
- Only now reconnect your printer and turn it on. Normally your device will be recognized and the drivers will be installed automatically. Otherwise, download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for your printer.
Your printer should now be back online.
The network printer may be offline due to a changing IP address
So that your computer recognizes your printer in the network, it uses a IP addressbelonging to your device. But the Internet router regularly assigns a new IP address to your device, which can mean that your printer can no longer be reached by the PC and is reported as offline. There is also a solution for this problem: the Assign a fixed IP address to the printer. This fixed IP address must be set on every PC that is in the network.
Danger: You should be a little familiar with this, but at least follow the instructions in the operating instructions for the printer or router step by step! In addition, the static IP address assigned may no longer be assigned automatically by the DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol)! For this purpose, an IP range for DHCP is specified in the router settings, which the static IP address.
The Printer IP address You can usually find your device in the router under the menu item "Network" (or under "LAN") in the device list read out. If this is not the case, it is not (correctly) connected to the actual network. Another way to get the printer's IP address is via the Windows control panel under “Devices and Printers” and there under one of the tabs under “Printer properties”.
On the one hand, a static IP address set on the printer itself However, this procedure is not possible with every printer or multifunctional device. If you still want to go this route, follow the procedure in the operating instructions for your device. Then restart the device.
On the other hand, you can do yours Assign a fixed IP address to the printer via the router. To do this, you have to call up the user interface of the router in your browser and log in with your user data. Now follow the instructions in the manual of the router step by step or use the manufacturer's support pages online.
Basics: For all routers, the static IP address is set in the network settings. In addition, the "DHCP" (responsible, among other things, for the automatic assignment of IP addresses in the IP network) should be activated.
Tip: Usually located In the router user interface in the IP configuration area, there is already a list of devices that are registered in your network are. Your printer should also be there. Under certain circumstances, after clicking on it, the option “Always use the same IP” appears, which you activate. With some routers, a fixed IP assignment is also possible via the menu item "IP reservation" (also called DHCP reservation).
Below is a video with instructions on how to assign a static IP address to a network printer:
The firewall can be causing your printer problem
The Firewall, i.e. the security software that should protect your system and you from viruses, malware, etc., sometimes blocks devices or the associated software. This can also affect your printer, which is then displayed as offline. To put it casually: Printer driver and firewall are not compatible.
If this is the case, you will notice this by taking the first step Deactivate the firewall and see if this changes the status of the printer.
Danger: A firewall is very important to protect your computer from unauthorized access and the resulting negative consequences. Therefore only deactivate them for a short timeto check your printer status!
Your printer is shown as available online again after the firewall has been switched off? The following points could help you in such a case, check them step by step:
- Is the security software (firewall) up to date? (Usually automatic updates are standard.)
- Can you use your printer in the often "Confidence zone"Integrate the mentioned area of your security software so that the device is no longer blocked? This process can also be called "Allow exception“And the like.
- Check the security settings of your firewall and set this to "medium" if necessary.
- Do not use two firewalls in parallel, this can cause your current printer problem and many more.
Fix printer offline on Mac
The printer can also be considered offline on an Apple computer. First, you should see if
- print jobs not executed block the functioning or
- the printer paused is.
You can check both as follows:
- Click on the "Apple" symbol.
- Select "System Settings" there.
- Select "Printers and Scanners".
- Select your printer from the device list.
- Open "Printer Waiting List". Here you can see whether the printer is paused and choose to continue if necessary. You also have the option to delete print jobs here.
Even on a Mac, you can often get your printer working again by using remove and reinstall the device:
- To do this, click on the "Apple" symbol at the top left.
- Again select "System Settings".
- Click on "Printers and Scanners".
- Click your device in the device list.
- Press the "-" symbol below the list; confirm "delete printer".
- You can reinstall your printer using the "+" symbol below the device list.
Normally the printer should no longer be "offline" and function normally again.
If these aids for "printer offline" do not lead to a solution, read the operating instructions for your printer and also look at the manufacturer's website for the problem "printer offline". You can find helpful support services and help sites online from HP, Canon, Epson, Samsung, Brother, and other printer brands that will precisely address your device's printer problems.
Readers are also interested in these topics:
## articleslider_hp_patrone ##
- Image ID: 213818360 - Dmod, depositphotos.com
- Image ID: 34784029 - maxkabakov, depositphotos.com
- Image ID: 84339590 - Olivier26, depositphotos.com
- Image ID: 92562466 - merznatalia, despositphotos.com
- Do psychopaths sociopaths care about money
- What is the population of Nashville Tennessee
- Where's Limpopo
- What is Frank Oceans Biking about
- How do I make a photo drone
- How is it that animals are used for experimentation?
- A good mood reflects good health
- What currency is PKR
- Who would you repopulate the earth with?
- Many reasons not to convert to Islam
- How do I find an online internship
- How does ssris increase BDNF neurogenesis mechanistically
- What's so great about Conor McGregor
- What is a dentist
- Your cat will judge you
- Should you clean pet snakes
- At what age did Eminem start rapping?
- How can I join WhatsApp groups
- Infinity can be called an imaginary number
- What are the advantages of distributed systems
- How useful is TED
- How can I become a subtle man
- Can you decipher the vegetable name PIRNUT
- What are sanitary tools