What are the cons of React Native
App programming for iOS and Android with React Native
Native app development
In our article "App Development: Native, Web, Hybrid or Cross-Platforms" we have already introduced you to the advantages and disadvantages of native development. In summary, one can say that this type of programming definitely offers the best possible performance for the user. Because the native app was specially developed for the respective operating system and thus the hardware can also best use it. This also has the disadvantage that the development costs are higher if you want to offer your app for Android and iOS.
What are frameworks?
The React Native Framework was developed so that this disadvantage can ultimately be avoided. In order to be able to explain this in more detail, we will first deal with the question of what a framework is in general. The main purpose of this is to make programming easier and save time. A framework is the programming framework, so to speak, which already contains individual functions that can then be used by the programmer.
React Native was originally developed and published by Facebook. Since then, the framework has been fine-tuned, functionalities are further developed or optimized. New versions are available immediately after publication, so you can always use the latest version. By using the React Native Framework, the developer is now able to develop a code base for both operating systems (iOS and Android). This means that you program in a language that the framework translates for both platforms.
- Developing an app for both platforms is less time-consuming
- You still have almost all the advantages of a native app
- Fast response times, thanks to Live Reload or Hot Reloading - the code does not have to be recompiled, i.e. translated, when changes are made
- Changes in the code are made clear in the app - this is easy on the developer and saves time
- Dependence on the community (Facebook). If the framework is no longer available, your resources will be lost - changes or optimizations are no longer possible
- Does not come close to the quality of a native app - functions of the operating system cannot be fully taken into account
- User experience can suffer
Which variant you choose now often depends on your goals. It should therefore be clear what use the app should have and for what purpose it is used. If you only have a small budget, but still want to offer your app for both operating systems, React Native is a good option. However, you have to be willing to take risks. For a great user experience, purely native app programming is the better option. This is the only way to guarantee a high level of quality and safety.
Ultimately, the project decides which type of programming is chosen. In addition to native development and React Native, there are also other options. You can read about this in our article on app development.
Do you have any questions about React Native or do you need help making the right choice? Please contact us. We advise you professionally and without obligation!
- Kneading bread will be cheaper for longer
- How do you test a virtual assistant
- Has Bill Gates ever met Mark Zuckerburg?
- What makes a great ballet dancer?
- Why is a flower called baby's breath?
- Is Israel really a military superpower?
- What is the molarity of 40 NaOH
- Which designer designs signs?
- Are you Bengali 1
- How are apples harvested
- How do I test the effectiveness of weeds
- Why aren't my pancakes fluffy
- How much is the Monero crypto currency coin worth
- How does carbon affect the atmosphere?
- Why is gender identity a choice
- How do you reduce packaging costs in wholesale
- Is summer the human mating season
- How much protein does Greek yogurt contain?
- Will agriculture experience a data boom?
- Will artificial intelligence dominate human intelligence?
- Knows Littlefinger Jon Snow
- Why do some solids explode
- What exactly are macros in programming languages
- How can I fail any more
- What do you remember in the 90s
- What are ear training intervals
- Why diving in a shipwreck is fun
- Where can I complain about Airtel
- What is a rail gun
- Who is the President of Malawi
- Can someone teach me about Korean Hanja?
- How many suits does Tony Stark have
- Internet faxing is safe and secure