When was the English language made
English How the English language became the world language
Average rating: 4.10 of 5 with 30 votes.
Because there are so many different languages on earth, it is useful to have a language that everyone speaks or understands - at least a little. This task has mainly been done by English since the 19th century. How it came about is here.
From: Kathrin Hasselbeck
Status: November 20, 2018
The expansion of the British Empire, the British Empire. The English started very early, around 1500, to sail the oceans and conquer foreign countries. So it came about that in the 19th century Australia, New Zealand, India, parts of China and Africa and North America, among others, were under English rule. In some of these countries, English has established itself as the main national language.
Nowadays America, or rather the USA, has a great influence on world affairs. America often sets the tone in politics and economics, but above all in modern pop music - including, of course, Great Britain, which is also English-speaking. Whether rock'n'roll, swing, blues, hip-hop or rap - everything made in USA or made in the UK. Since this music is heard in almost every country in the world, the language in which it is sung also spreads.
Incidentally, while English is the most widely spoken language in the world, it is not the most widely spoken. Just the standard Chinese language Mandarin is spoken by a lot more people because there are so many Chinese in the world. For comparison: "Only" around 320 million people speak English as their mother tongue, while Mandarin is spoken by around 870 million Chinese! However, if you count all people among the native English speakers who have learned English as their own language, then you are even catching up with the Chinese: Worldwide, up to a billion people can speak and understand English. So instead of having to learn the many thousands of languages in the world in order to be able to converse with people, English is simply used as a language bridge on which to meet. That's great, isn't it?
- Protect us borders
- What is the application log
- Could humans sterilize the earth?
- What are some examples of recruiting skills
- What is a planter
- How can I complete CMA exams
- Who are the descendants of the Elamites
- Who is your favorite singer at RnB
- How far has Shakespeare opened his heart
- Regret joining a soldier why
- What is stone soup made of
- What salt is Mg NO3 2
- How do I get my driving record
- How do I start working in Wish
- What does it mean when memory is running out
- Why do people upload videos to Dailymotion
- Is it worth packing cubes
- How often do you need sex
- Which city in Wisconsin is the friendliest
- What is frontal sinus hypoplasia
- IELTS is only for girls
- Jesus versus Batman who would win
- Who is better between Achilles and Hercules
- Is Mark Knopfler homophobic If so, how