What is 0x0 1
Reading time: 4 min
The question about the result of “zero to the power of zero” () cannot be answered clearly.
Here are some considerations about this issue:
because for every number the following applies: (see also principle of permanence)
because for zero to the power of a number, the result is zero:
Not defined, because both variants 1 and 2 create a contradiction, i.e. there is no uniqueness, which is problematic in mathematics. Incidentally, this will also be the reason why many pocket calculators input or output at.
The answer is often found:
Use what makes sense for the math problem at hand.
It is often useful to use.
There is a variety of literature on this and, as I said, one encounters different approaches. In computer science, for example, prevailed. For fun you can test that yourself and enter 0 ^ 0 in Google.
If we write and use the power law, the result is:
It must therefore apply:
So the question arises, which number multiplied by itself results in itself? Here we can think of two numbers for which this is possible:
Solved in general:
So we see that there are two solutions with and.
Basically, however, is preferable. If we chose, new problems would arise in higher mathematics.
Approach via limit values
The consequence has the limit, there
The consequence has the limit value.
The sequence also has the limit value for each zero sequence.
The above is not proof of the correctness of the definition, but shows essential cases for which applies.
goes against, even though and each time against.
Wolframalpha defines zero to the power of zero as "undefined".
- Which dj do you hate
- Where can I find UX whitepapers
- Which are the top removers in Sydney
- Is your life defined by your memories
- What are the specifications of ground navigation
- Can statins cause pancreatitis
- What are the UML tools
- Is it hard to act
- How do you block someone on WhatsApp
- How could someone be successful with a GED
- What's the best app for snowboarders
- Which startups are working on real problems
- Why is the technology getting better and better?
- Why doesn't Donald Trump drain the swamp?
- Why does someone respect the old law
- Who is Katherine Jackson
- Why are all stock prices falling
- How do I update Verizon roaming
- Trust in love relationships is more important
- Bluetooth is similar to FM signal
- What does a broken down narcissist look like
- How do I separate ethanol from beer
- How is btech civil in srm univecity
- Can an army officer join RAW