What is the collective word for women
A few days ago a letter to the editor from Straubing complained in her local paper that the yellow and red beets had disappeared: "You can only find carrots and beetroot on the scales in the supermarket!" Beetroot dishes are now also served in Bavarian taverns. Even Lower Bavarian market women mark their Rannen or Rahner (with a dark a), as the beetroots are also called in Old Bavaria, as beetroot.
In contrast, we read "Ranen und rothe Rüben" in Andreas Zaupser's dictionary from 1789. These are the original Bavarian names for this vegetable. Some Bavarians prefer to express themselves cosmopolitan and then tend to misspell beetroot. But these are, if there are any, red-colored garden beds.
Regardless of this, the turnip, whose dialect form Ruam is still reminiscent of Old High German ruoba, has fed entire generations of poor people. The yellow turnip is known today as carrot, carrot or carrot, in the dialect one hears the form "Goiberuam". That it is considered yellow, although orange, is because it was yellow until orange turnips were grown.
At least with Mrs. K., the Rahner and Goiberuam are allowed to live on, as she writes. "Because only yellow and red beets come on my table, whether as soup, vegetables or salad." Incidentally, in Bavaria a rude person, a Lackl, is dubbed a gscherte Ruam. You can't hear sheared prayers yet.
Buam, eat it Ruam! - Manna, eat it Rana!
Last week, the Bavarian word family Rote Rüben, Raner, Rannen was discussed at this point, which has unfortunately been replaced by the national uniform term beetroot. An older man from Holledau has it SZ-Colleagues Günther Knoll related a wonderful episode that duly emphasizes the importance of the word Raner (Rana).
As a result, the man once served as a servant on a farm near Mainburg, where the farmer ate meat for lunch while the servants were often fed with beets. The farmer comforted his servants with the following request: Buam, eat it Ruam!
At some point the foreman told him that it would not go down so well if, as a farmer, he was also eating roast meat. Thereupon the farmer promised improvement. When he sat down to eat the next day, he shouted: Manna, eat it Rana!
- How is Internshala online training for IoT
- What makes life so enjoyable and fulfilling
- How do motivation and emotion affect perception?
- How is sonar used for robot navigation
- What is the smallest wave ever recorded
- How can I spend my business
- Why is Jevon's paradox not widely known
- What causes threatening noises while driving
- What should I do after donating blood
- My Upi Pin
- W3Schools and Tutorialpoint are complete
- Will an armadillo attack a cat?
- What are the advantages of distributed systems
- Are Costco pizzas halal
- What was Sherlock Holmes' favorite drink
- Is Manchester in Lancashire
- Where can we buy book related items
- How to treat a burst brain
- Do you look like your spouse
- Will Bitcoin increase in value after Brexit
- What are the names of the people from Cyprus
- Should you clean pet snakes
- What does purity mean to you
- When did people stop believing in mythology?
- Why do people find trust intimidating
- How can we improve energy efficiency
- Who are the best comedians in real life
- How can I start learning about psychology?
- How do I find a statute
- What Astra had Shani Dev
- What is a cuboid
- Does Retin A work on acne marks