Quora becomes BuzzFeed
13 asshole things that people in restaurants do annoy waiters with
- Simply tasty
"When Google says the restaurant closes at 11:00 pm, the right time to order is not three minutes before."
A Quora thread recently asked waiters what unwritten rules visitors should adhere to - or in other words, what is really getting on their nerves. Here are the best answers:
1. When people stroll in and sit down at a dirty table.
"First of all, that's gross. Why sit in someone else's dirt? If the table isn't clean, we're not ready for you there yet. Now someone has to clear the dishes and clean the table while your impatient ass sitting around and getting in the way. "
2. Or when a group sits down at an empty table without asking beforehand.
"If you see an empty table, it's not automatically yours! You may have a reservation for later. The restaurant limits the number of people who can sit down in each block of time."
3. When someone makes a million changes to an order.
BuzzFeed.de © DreamWorks Pictures
"Unfortunately, the menu is not a playground for your wildest dreams. I've had customers who asked what ingredients we had and then started putting together their own meals based on them.
I know what it is like to be a difficult customer and not be able to just eat everything off the menu because of dangerous allergies. But don't be fussy if you don't have to. The team usually has enough to do with extra requests anyway. "
4. Or when a customer orders something that is not even on the menu.
BuzzFeed.de © Logo TV
“I've gotten into so many situations where customers come up with their own dishes that aren't even on the menu (and order fish and chips in an Italian restaurant, for example). Maybe they can't read and don't understand what's on The card is not just lying there. Read it. This is not a private chef service here. "
5. When someone makes a list of incredibly annoying demands like the restaurant is their home.
"If you ask that we turn the music down, turn the lights brighter or turn on the heating / air conditioning, you should know that we probably can't do that, even if you ask nicely. If you have such requests, then is Not only disrespectful to us (because you treat the restaurant like your home and us like your servants), but also to the other guests (because your wishes may not suit them at all). "
6. When people lie about allergies. If you really don't like something, just say so.
BuzzFeed.de © New Line Cinema / Via giphy.com
"Say you don't like peppers. The work that is done in the kitchen is barely visible in the guest area. Respect the staff by not doing more work than necessary."
7. If a group shows up minutes before closing.
BuzzFeed.de © Summit Entertainment
"If Google says the restaurant closes at 11:00 pm, the right time to order is not three minutes before. Employees can't work overtime every day."
8. When a person snaps their fingers at the operation.
"Never snap your fingers at a waiter, a bartender or anyone else. Never."
9. When a customer speaks to his waiter with "service".
"That's basic human respect. I openly ignore this and you will have to wait a while before I come back."
10. When customers want to help with something but are just in the way.
"I hated it when customers wanted to help me. Don't get me wrong. I appreciated the gesture, but when customers took something from my tray or from my hand, it became dangerous."
11. When people touch their waiter.
"I don't want to be touched. I don't like this, and I'm not your pet. I'm not your buddy, baby, friend, or partner."
12. When people want to steal seats at the bar.
"Just accept that the bar is full when it is full. No, I don't check 'if anyone's ready' at the bar so you can squeeze in for free nuts at happy hour. I kindly let you know that you can stand at the bar, but all seats are occupied. And for God's sake: don't try to steal other customers' seats while they are in the toilet. "
13. Or if someone wants to change places several times.
BuzzFeed.de © Lifetime
"Please accept where I sit you. I understand you want a niche. But we only have four, and they are already scheduled for my six other 6:30 pm reservations at mealtime. And if there are two of you, then you will be seated at a table for two. Not at a group table. "
Basically you should just be an understanding and nice person and everything will be fine!
This article first appeared in English.
- Is the gay voice fake
- Why is every listed smartphone company falling
- What is the next big device
- Why does Google Apps
- Which candidates do democrats consider neoliberal?
- How do I get help with C ++
- Can someone develop and publish apps
- Are automatic transmissions reliable
- How many buttons are there in a cockpit?
- Who was more beautiful Lyanna or Cersei?
- Which phone is loved by many people
- Which web server does Google use
- Why can online stores attract customers?
- Is sex originally bad, as Freud said
- How do you improve the interpersonal interaction
- Has anyone ever spilled your drink
- Is considered dishonest as a lie
- An NTSE scholarship is available for NIOS students
- What is the difference between polyester and acrylic
- How much entrepreneurship is problem solving
- Is Apple Music available for Android
- How popular is Anberlin
- An R language certificate is important
- How do I build a dramatic story
- When does Goku learn ultra instinct
- How similar are the reactions of Macbeth and Banquos
- Peace and justice are inextricably linked
- Why is C programming called Pop
- What does PID1
- What are some benefits of being biracial
- What is a complex number 1
- Works a crash diet
- What are the specifications of ground navigation
- What is the full form of LOGO