Has God forsaken humanity
"I only let you down for a moment, but with all my heart I will bring you back home."Devotion to Isaiah 54, 7 by Pastor Bernd Stummvoll
Anyone who has got to know the feeling of being abandoned will listen carefully here. Anyone who longs for a home and would like to be “brought home” first listens. Others may be happy that their own life is finally no longer co-determined by the parental home or the “ex-former”. You will certainly react very differently to this offer.
There are three difficult thoughts for us here. On the one hand the framework of this promise, the prophet's word. A man (Isaiah) speaks claiming to be God's voice. Second: It presupposes that God really acts, moreover within global political reality. The occupation and deportation as well as the decades of supremacy of the Babylonians are said to owe Israel to God's strict hand, as well as the reunification with their own country. This is the third difficulty: God behaves or behaves like a parent or a spouse who punishes with withdrawal of love and rewards with care in order to raise his child or his counterpart.
Such ideas may seem bizarre to us if we look at them from a distance while we are well. However, many of our patients and people who have been entrusted with care could feel exactly the same: They feel abandoned by God in their condition. Perhaps it will also be up to us whether you will soon or at some point also be able to think the second part of the sentence: I am not forgotten forever.
I wish you yourself this second thought as your experience in Advent!
Sincerely yours, Bernd Stummvoll, pastor at the Schöneberg Senior Center
- Depression is common in the geriatric population
- Is it illegal to frame someone?
- Have you ever visited my website
- How do Scantron machines work
- How can we silently express our anger?
- Who is the best German general?
- RTX 2060 is worth it
- What does the Hindi word Tang mean
- What is the chemical symbol lanthanum
- Most Swedes are lactose tolerant
- Cognitive Neuroscience The I is a myth
- An IPS representative receives promotions
- Is Boy George still alive?
- Should I be atheist or agnostic?
- Who was the worst jeopardy player ever
- What causes bumps on the legs
- Is Delhi's British school boarding school
- What is phase coding
- Can crystal meth be sniffed?
- Which culture is the highest
- How can we keep gratitude alive?
- What is drawing and what is design
- Is coffee a bean
- India needs baseball
- Where is the Pangong lake
- How weeds improve your spiritual level
- What does history stand for?
- Why was the Battle of Panipat fought?
- How do you break up with someone
- What are your most disgusting secrets
- How does online earning work
- Is CTS a nice place to work
- Why is Netanyahu obsessed with Iran