Why do artificial sweeteners cause weight gain?
Both sugar and short-chain fatty acids, however, lead to obesity in excessive amounts.
Dr. However, Elinav and his team not only analyzed the behavior of the mouse intestinal flora for sweeteners, but also the data from 381 (still) healthy people.
Those study participants who stated that they regularly consume sweeteners not only weighed more. Her glucose metabolism and the intestinal flora were also disturbed.
Seven volunteer test subjects then agreed to ingest the maximum amount of the sweetener saccharin specified by the US food authority. After just one week, four of them developed an impaired glucose metabolism.
These results were also reflected in the stool samples of the test persons: The four test persons, whose glucose metabolism was disturbed, also showed changes in the intestinal flora.
Sweeteners: health risk from the laboratory
Most sweeteners are developed in laboratories, they are man-made chemical substances.
They are commercially available as a sugar substitute, but are also added to numerous foods. They are particularly common in convenience foods and so-called "diet" products.
In the list of ingredients you can recognize sweeteners by the abbreviations E 950 to E 962.
Although more and more studies prove the opposite, countless nutrition experts and even scientific institutes still claim that synthetic sweeteners are absolutely harmless and can be easily integrated into a healthy diet.
If you want to lose weight or reduce your risk of diabetes, you should therefore under no circumstances resort to artificial sweeteners or products that contain such sweeteners.
Eating a diet free of isolated carbohydrates (sugar, white flour) is the only way to keep blood glucose levels permanently low in a healthy way.
Find out not only about a healthy diet, but also about really healthy and actually harmless sugar alternatives, such as: B. the following:
And if you should not manage to limit your sugar consumption, then this article will help you to overcome your apparently existing sugar addiction:
You can also read in our: Sugar Lexicon - Which sugar is healthy
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Dr. Eran Elinav et al., "Gut Bacteria, Artificial Sweeteners and Glucose Intolerance", Nature, September 2014, ("Gut bacteria, artificial sweeteners and glucose intolerance)
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind, which arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- How much is your working time worth
- What is the identification of the true saint
- What are some famous American political slogans
- What is the meaning of the Prandtl number?
- What is cmm
- Has sour cherry juice melatonin
- AWWA has problems with women in the army
- Will support Android Oreo glibc
- Which country has Maggi banned
- Which language is required in Metasploit
- What is slip in induction motor
- Why is Google made
- Can you hack WiFi on Android?
- Why is the subject difficult to understand
- What does the Hebrew letter Yod mean?
- Which startups produce the best blogs
- What is Atlanta Georgia famous for
- Could gravitational waves fuse atoms
- What is spatial domain in image processing
- Why did Jesus not have children?
- Sherlock TV series Who Killed Jim Moriarty
- How is the printing technology at ju
- What is Queen's best music video
- Why do other animals not form societies?