What is it like to learn Kotlin
Learn Kotlin by developing functional applications
Learn Kotlin through practice
Learn Kotlin with instant feedback
Learn Kotlin with the assistance you need
Learn to program by developing functional applications with JetBrains Academy, a project-based learning platform.
Learning by programming
Don't settle for lectures - learn by developing. Select a project and work through a curriculum that includes all of the concepts needed to create it. Take on the challenge of applying what you have learned in your applications.
Discover new topics and projects that will be activated for you based on your learning progress. Navigate the Knowledge Map showing your progress, the full scope of the topics available, and the connections between them.
Learn from your IDE
Familiarize yourself with professional tools and become an accomplished developer. Take advantage of the full integration of the platform with JetBrains IDEs as you work with your projects.
The book Atomic Kotlin by Bruce Eckel and Svetlana Isakova contains numerous learning resources. It brings Kotlin close to both beginners and experienced programmers and does not require any prior knowledge of Java. The book is now available in Early Access.
The book is complemented by the course, which includes a number of code samples and smaller tasks with automatic review and available answers.
For more information, see the course quick start guide
Integration of Stepik
If you enjoy learning the theory on Stepik but want to do coding exercises in the IDE, don't worry about your course progress: it will be synced between the two platforms.
Import more courses
You can import any Stepik course with programming tasks and edit it directly in the IDE. You can easily switch to Stepik and back at any time.
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) and Small Private Online Courses (SPOCs) hosted on Stepik
Tasks solved by Stepik participants
Flexible, sophisticated work environment
Feel at home in your IDE and work focused and distraction-free - with customizable color schemes and keyboard layouts as well as all look-and-feel settings that you can configure as you wish.
Learn faster with an intelligent editor
Use the language-specific syntax and error highlighting to avoid code errors. Learn how to correctly design your code using code formatting, and access the helpful suggestions for code completion and the documentation quick view at any time.
Run and debug code
Run your code to see if everything is correct. Use the powerful debugger with the graphical user interface to find errors: set breakpoints, execute your code step by step and benefit from the entirety of the information available to you.
- Why shouldn't I buy a Tata car?
- What are your top 5 acoustic albums
- Is pi greater than 5
- What is Cardi B's most successful song
- Teachers often pay for EdTech SaaS
- How fast can time move in dreams
- What are some untapped ideas for startups
- Where can I find a nice animated GIF
- Where are the Old Testament saints now
- Is yoga exercise beneficial
- How can I make music better
- How much chemistry does geophysics involve
- How can I get into US football?
- How to get a PNR number
- Does a company really need a blog
- Are information on Wikipedia reliable
- What are the advantages of HMUN
- Why is education so inadequate in India
- Can cure liver damage caused by medication
- Lay beetle eggs
- Can you get a mortgage on land
- Do I need a lawyer 1
- Why is packing so difficult
- Who invented the squares?