Removing varicose veins is dangerous
What to do with varicose veins - and when to operate
Varicose vein operations are one of the most frequently performed procedures. The most common methods of removing varicose veins are:
- the Vein stripping: Cuts are made just below the groin and in the hollow of the knee or at the ankle. The vein is first tied or clamped at the upper incision (so-called vein ligation). A long wire is then inserted into the vein through the lower incision and advanced. Finally, a button-like attachment is attached to the lower end of the wire and the vein is completely pulled out through the cut in the groin.
- the Phlebectomy: In a phlebectomy, several, a few millimeters small incisions are made along the affected vein. Through these incisions, the vein is first pulled out as far as possible with a small hook, then severed and removed in several parts. This procedure is mainly used for smaller veins - such as the side branches of larger veins. It is designed to prevent scars from forming, which can occur with larger incisions.
An operation can be very effective in relieving symptoms: in over 80% of those who have been operated on, pain, swelling and itching go away or go away completely, and the legs look better again.
Both operations can cause pain, wound infections, bleeding, swelling, scarring, and skin discoloration. One of these side effects occurs in around 15% of those who have operated on. Serious complications such as thrombosis or nerve injuries are very rare.
Varicose veins can form again after an operation. In studies, 30 out of 100 operated people got varicose veins again after two years.
It is usually possible to go home on the same day after varicose vein surgery. It will take some patience for the swelling to subside and the scars to heal. It can take up to three weeks before you can go to work after having had varicose vein surgery.
- What would an ideal childhood look like
- What is FCFS Planning
- How does arbitrage trading work
- What are some tips to help combat trichotillomania
- Is Pakistan safe for Brazilian tourists
- What's wrong with that sentence
- Arnold Schwarzenegger speaks Austrian
- Depression is common in the geriatric population
- What is the real story of Dracula
- What should a curriculum look like
- How is Patna doing in Patna
- What is the least corrosive metal
- What number is divisible by 477
- What is Apple's attitude towards Hackintosh
- How to extract lard from bacon
- How was Michigan founded
- Accidentally caught a partner cheating?
- What is the need for modulation 2
- How to Perform a QTP Certification
- 3,000 luxury cars are good
- What does stochastic premium mean
- A hot tub can electrocute you
- What medications have helped you the most
- How efficient are PCs
- Will mobile technology ever be replaced?
- Interaction is required for juniors
- Which areas would an IB diploma appreciate?
- What's your workflow process with Majestic SEO
- What is the address of the foursquare headquarters
- Is a Canon 700D better for beginners
- What makes an annoying neighbor?
- Supports the Oppo F5 VR
- What is the culture like around skateboarding