What is a submersible water pump
The function of a submersible pump
The function of different submersible pumps differs
Submersible pumps (29.50 € at Amazon *) n belong to the most widespread pumps due to the pump type. The selection of submersible pumps is correspondingly large. However, submersible pumps are also differentiated according to their purpose:
- Submersible pumps for mixed fluid (wastewater mixed with solids and possibly feces)
- Submersible pumps for clear water
- Submersible pumps that deliver a lot of water in a short time (low delivery pressure)
- Submersible pumps that build up a large delivery pressure
- Submersible pumps that completely "suck off" a fluid
The basic functionality of a submersible pump ...
But first the basic functionality of a submersible pump. In the cross-section there is a tightly (watertight) encapsulated motor in the middle of a standing submersible pump. The drive shaft on which the pump wheel sits is extended downwards. The impeller can be provided with open blades or blades closed on both sides. This distinction has an influence on cavitation (the formation and collection of air or gas bubbles in one area of the pump wheel).
... are centrifugal pumps
In modern pumps, the drive shaft is sealed with a radial shaft seal. The pump wheel must be immersed in the fluid (usually water), hence the name submersible pump. Then the fluid is conveyed upwards laterally. In the upper area of a submersible pump there is a thread or standard connection piece for attaching a hose or pipe. Anyone who is familiar with pump types will recognize the functional principle of centrifugal pumps in the submersible pump.
Submersible pumps for different purposes
However, such a submersible pump can differ significantly in its detailed structure: a larger or smaller pump wheel, the design of the paddle wheels, the suction area (completely open or in a cage, etc.). The outlet opening can differ in size, but also the speed at which a submersible pump works can be differentiated.
Submersible pump types, differentiated according to the specific function
By changing these parameters, key properties of the submersible pump are controlled. Accordingly, submersible pumps can be distinguished as follows:
- Drainage pumps
- Drainage pumps
- Clear water pumps
- Submersible pressure pumps
The submersible drainage pump
The drainage pump is a submersible pump that can pump large quantities of the medium (in most cases water) in a very short time. This pump is not designed to build up higher delivery pressures. This submersible pump is therefore unsuitable wherever water pressure is required (for example when watering the garden).
The submersible waste water pump
The dirty water pump, on the other hand, can also pump water that has been mixed with solids. The decisive factor here is the so-called ball passage value. This is a (theoretical) ball of a certain, defined size that the pump can pass. The larger the free passage value, the larger the proportion of solids in the pumped medium can be.
However, these pumps cannot finally drain a container. The distance to the ground is always at least slightly larger than the ball passage value. In order not to have to have a too high ball passage value in a sewage pump for sewage with black water (mixed with faeces), a corresponding pump sump is provided with a cutting unit.
The clear water submersible pump
Clear water pumps are pumps that can almost completely “suck out” the medium, that is, they can drain a container or something similar down to a few millimeters. Therefore it is also a question of drainage pumps, i.e. pumps with an irrelevant pump delivery pressure.
The submersible pressure pump - also suitable as a garden pump
If, on the other hand, a high delivery pressure is required, you need a submersible pressure pump. The submersible pressure pump is a special design that allows a higher delivery pressure due to its design. The submersible pressure pump can therefore also be connected as a garden pump. Because of course a corresponding pressure is required for watering.
* Affiliate link to AmazonHome »Build» Water »Pump
- How can I solve the 0xc000007b problem
- Can carnivores be good at heart
- What are the requirements to learn MongoDB
- How can I visit the Tesla headquarters
- White-collar crime is harder to prosecute
- What does the emoticon 10
- Why do men not use shaving products for women
- Are children bullied in Catholic schools
- What makes methocarbamol 750 mg
- Can you take dream interpretations seriously
- Is Aristotle's Politics worth reading?
- When was the term caveman first used?
- How to Replace a Lost Passport
- What is an unpopular Pokemon that you love
- Where is streaming analytics mainly used?
- Is it Ramazan or Ramadan
- Why do people feel drawn to one another?
- Is juvenile justice unconstitutional?
- Intelligence can be learned
- What are the benefits of notetaking
- Shoes can cause hip pain
- How do I build a tube amplifier
- How can I be familiar with braces?
- Is IT 2nd shift good at MAIT