Intermittent fasting helps with skin diseases
In both forms of cancer - ALL and AML - the cells remain in an immature state and can of course no longer perform helpful tasks. Nevertheless, they multiply in an uncontrolled manner and displace healthy cells from the body. The result is anemia and frequent infections. The diseased cells also migrate into healthy tissue, which of course leads to massive problems.
Intermittent fasting - and the cancer cells go away
If intermittent fasting is now used in ALL, then this can completely inhibit the development of cancer (at least in the mouse model). Intermittent fasting was carried out as follows: eating alternately on one day and fasting on the next. So there was something to eat on the first day, not on the second, ate on the third, fasted on the fourth and so on.
After seven weeks, the fasting mice had almost no cancer cells left in their bodies. In the group of non-fasting mice, the cancer was advanced, so that 68 percent of the cells in the test areas were now cancerous.
In the fasting group, the organs were in a condition that is typical of healthy animals. The few remaining cancer cells no longer behaved like cancer cells, but suddenly like healthy and active cells again. So they had turned into healthy cells, "said Professor Zhang.
The next step is to find out whether the cancer cells will eventually be able to get used to fasting, which of course would make fasting ineffective. But if there is no such habituation effect, intermittent fasting in ALL would be a measure worth considering! Because in the present study no drugs were used. Intermittent fasting alone destroyed the cancer cells - without any undesirable side effects.
You can find detailed information on intermittent fasting here: Intermittent fasting - the healthy eating rhythm
Therapeutic fasting or intermittent fasting?
Perhaps you would prefer to practice traditional therapeutic fasting. Of course, this is no less effective than intermittent fasting. On the contrary. Therapeutic fasting leads to amazing changes in body and mind. It's just not that easy to implement. In the case of some complaints, it is also best to only do it in the company of a fasting doctor or fasting leader.
Therapeutic fasting is carried out once or twice a year, usually in spring and then a second time after the annual summer vacation. The pure fasting rarely lasts longer than a week. Before that, the relief days and after breaking the fast, the rebuilding days take place, so that a total of two weeks should be included for the therapeutic fasting.
Further information on therapeutic fasting and instructions for fasting according to Buchinger can be found here: Therapeutic fasting - a path to healing
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Zhigang Lu et al. Fasting selectively blocks development of acute lymphoblastic leukemia via leptin-receptor upregulation, Nature Medicine, December 2016, (Fasting selectively blocks the development of ALL via leptin receptor upregulation)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center. "Fasting kills cancer cells of the most common type of childhood leukemia, study shows.", ScienceDaily, December 12, 2016,
- Harvie MN et al, The effects of intermittent or continuous energy restriction on weight loss and metabolic disease risk markers: a randomized trial in young overweight women, International Journal of Obesity, (2011) 35, 714-727, (The effects of intermittent or Continuous Energy Restriction on Weight Loss and Metabolic Disease Risk Markers: A Randomized Trial in Young Obese Women)
- Kroeger CM et al, Impact of weight regain on metabolic disease risk: a review of human trials, Journal of Obesity, 2014; 2014: 614519,
- Safdie FM et al, Fasting and cancer treatment in humans: A case series report, Aging, 2009 Dec; 1 (12): 988–1007, (Fasting and Treating Cancer in Humans: A Case Series Report)
- Withers SS et al, Fasting Reduces the Incidence of Delayed-Type Vomiting Associated with Doxorubicin Treatment in Dogs with Lymphoma, Translational Oncology, 2014 May 12,
- Mattson MP et al, Meal frequency and timing in health and disease, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2014 Nov 25; 111 (47), (frequency and timing of meals in health and illness)
- Wang et al, Shift work and chronic disease: the epidemiological evidence, Occupational Medicine, 2011 Mar; 61 (2): 78-89, (Shift work and chronic diseases: The epidemiological evidence)
- Solon-Biet SM et al, The ratio of macronutrients, not caloric intake, dictates cardiometabolic health, aging, and longevity in ad libitum-fed mice, Cell Metabolism, 2014 Mar 4; 19 (3): 418-30, (The ratio macronutrients, not caloric intake, dictates cardiometabolic health, aging, and longevity in ad libitum-fed mice)
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind, which arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Is genetics related to diet?
- All animals excrete feces
- Why isn't everyone an extrovert?
- Is there a practical application of philosophy
- How is a summer internship
- What is ttt diagram
- Is a circle a curve
- What would an ideal childhood look like
- How do I create secure backlinks
- Elvis is still amazing
- A UX professional needs typography skills
- What are some famous Bihari dishes
- How Do You Overcome an Adderall Addiction
- How to preserve peacock feathers
- Who sings the song TAKE A TRIP
- Is there Hispanophobia in Catalonia
- What is roll misalignment in pipelines
- Technology devalues creative minds
- What is sweep coagulation
- How is the friendship trend changing?
- Which country has 3 capitals
- How to calculate z-scores
- What are meiosis cell division notes
- What does stochastic premium mean