Should I study CS or CE?
Academic advisory center
By studying a master’s degree as part of the ISE study program, the scientific qualification acquired through a previous bachelor’s degree is deepened and expanded in the sense of increasing technical complexity through the expansion of specialist knowledge and the practice of special specialist methods. As part of the consecutive ISE study program, the master’s examination forms a second professional qualification that significantly expands professional perspectives compared to the bachelor’s degree. The master’s examination determines whether the students have acquired the advanced specialist knowledge, skills and methods necessary for the transition to professional practice, have an overview of more comprehensive subject-specific contexts and are able to analyze engineering problems in the area of the chosen course of study, as well as scientific ones To independently develop and apply methods and findings for their description or solution. Passing the master’s examination also enables admission to the doctorate and thus enables a scientific career.
A particular aim of the master’s degree programs in ISE is to prepare graduates for the global job market or research and development in an international context. This is achieved through the specialist orientation of the degree programs or certain components in the degree programs.
Graduates of the master’s degree in “Computer Engineering” are able to perform demanding conceptual and innovation-oriented tasks in engineering-oriented computer science in industry or to make independent scientific contributions to research and later also take on managerial functions in their professional lives. For this purpose, the students broaden their knowledge of computer science technologies and application skills based on a basic and method-oriented Bachelor's degree and acquire in-depth knowledge of the state of research in certain sub-areas.
In structuring their studies, students can choose between two profiles. These profiles are made up of various electoral catalogs (modules). Modules for the “Intelligent Networked Systems” profile are, for example, the development of secure software, testing and reliability of digital systems, channel coding and reliable communication, real-time systems or computer arithmetic. Modules for the “Interactive Systems and Visualization” profile are, for example, graphic data processing and visualization, interactive systems, design of interactive teaching / learning systems, multimedia systems or electronic communities.
In a seminar, the students learn to work on and present scientific topics, a practical project leads to the ability to work in groups on the basis of a small project from one of the two profiles, and through the master's thesis, the students acquire the ability to do independent scientific work. The students also learn to recognize new scientific methods and findings in computer engineering and to apply them to problem-solving. This prepares the graduates primarily for the following professional fields:
- Research into innovative computer science technologies in the field of "Intelligent Networked Systems" or "Interactive Systems and Visualization"
- Transfer of innovative technologies from these areas into industrial practice
Requirements analysis and conception of application-specific systems from the profiles mentioned, as well as management function in the implementation and testing of these systems.
- What is the answer to 5 7
- Whatever happened to Carlos Tevez
- How should I die 1
- Can I apply for a job in Singapore?
- What is the best engineering major
- What's your favorite moment for Severus Snape
- Why is basic research being carried out
- Why do some animals bury their dead
- Why are we being punished for our sins
- What is the rarest Nintendo video game
- What is your first connection with Ukraine
- How to use a reflector telescope
- What is the chemistry behind LiFePO4 batteries
- Do you believe in tomorrow
- How many cities have subways in India
- What is the iPhone 8 Plus
- Why shouldn't I buy an IKEA desk?
- Science always leads to evil
- Which business is better after engineering
- Can I appear again for WBJEE after graduation?
- Removing varicose veins is dangerous
- What is the English meaning of gobar
- Knows Littlefinger Jon Snow
- Did Ned Stark raise his children properly?