How do websites store blog posts?
Create a blog with communication websites and news posts
A blog is one way your organization can quickly share ideas and information. You can set up a blog site in SharePoint using a communication site and news posts, and you can add features like categorization, filtering, and even a custom template to start from.
Here's how the strategy works: You use news posts as blog pages. You can then display those blog pages in a news web section that is filtered to show only blog pages. The latest blog pages are automatically displayed as the most newsworthy news on your website (as seen in the Newsweb part "Latest blogs from our executive team" below). You can also create direct links to blog posts from other web parts such as the Hero web parts.
Here are the steps to do it.
Create the blog website. First, create a communication website that matches your desired visual formatting.
Create page categories. To ensure that only blog posts appear in your news web part, create a category options column in the page library for the website that contains a blog category. In this example, "Page Category" is used as the column name.
Now that you have created a selection column in your page library, it is available as a property that you can set for your news post page. So you can set certain news posts as blog posts.
Tip: If you want to reuse this column elsewhere on your website, create a website column instead and add that column to your library.
Filter the web part. For your page in edit mode, select the News web part edit pencil option , then select under Filterthe option Page properties.
Choose You underProperty-name option Page category or the name you gave the column.
Choose You sameand then blog out.
Tip: You can create additional columns for other filter paths, e.g. For example, a yes / no column to indicate whether certain posts should be displayed.
Use a newseb part. Make sure that the home page of your communication website uses a news web part where you want your blog posts to appear.
Write a blog post.
On the home page of your website, select New and then News post from.
Select a template to use.
Tip: Create a custom template already tagged with the Blog Page category so you don't have to categorize every new blog post. See the steps in the section Tip: Create a blog template below to do this.
Add your content using the Text Web Part and other Web Parts for pictures, videos, and more.
Highlight the page with the "Blog" category that you created in step 3.
Select at the top of the page Side details off.
In the area on the right under, select propertiesthe option Blog for the Category property page out.
Tip: Create a blog template
To make creating and tagging your blog posts easier and faster, create a blog page template.
Create a news post with the layout, images, or other web parts that you want to reuse in future blogs.
After step 6 above, highlight the page with the "Blog" category.
Be sure to add a title for the template, then select the drop-down next to Save as Draft in the upper left and select As Template save from.
The next time you create a blog post, you can select this template in the Page template area.
Tip: If you're a SharePoint administrator and want to convert multiple blogs using the SharePoint Transform Tool and are familiar with PowerShell, see Modernizing Classic Blogs.
- What is a derivative in layman terms
- What happened before the story
- How's your Marine Coimbatore SSB experience
- Mathematical notation What does Leftrightarrow mean
- Two camera straps are durable
- How do you work out physical equations
- Christians believe in the big bang
- Can a BSc chemistry student crack CAT
- Has Warren Buffet ever written a book
- Why is the Pike Place market haunted
- Who invented the stuffing on the stove?
- What is the erecting lens technique
- The net neutrality was saved
- What makes a good dessert
- How are large film studios organized?
- What is the breakaway torque
- What do you think of swarm intelligence
- How to do creativity with the internet
- There is a bear market
- Which is the best washable color
- What were the achievements of King Arthur
- Why did the people listen to Hitler?
- Can be taken Monistat for bacterial vaginosis
- Does the snake fence work
- What is pre-market trading
- How do I make chicken popcorn
- How do I win elections without money
- What if Polynesians colonized America?
- How is Bitcoin valued 1
- How did monotheism begin and develop?
- Do you think I look ugly?
- What makes you dissatisfied as a programmer?
- How were stadiums built in ancient civilizations
- What are some good universities in Turkey