I delete my Instagram account
You can delete your Instagram account in just a few steps
In detail: How can I delete my Instagram account?
1. To delete your Instagram account, you must first visit the Instagram website at www.instagram.com and log into your account there.
2. Then you should click on the right menu icon and you will get to the profile view. Then click on "Edit profile".
3. After you have reached the view for editing your profile, you should click on the option "Temporarily deactivate my account" at the bottom right.
Now you get to a new view in which you can first deactivate your Instagram account.
This means that other users can no longer find it in the search or access your profile. Please note that you can only deactivate your account once a week.
4. If you want to permanently delete your Instagram account, you should visit this Instagram page.
There you first have to give a reason why you want to delete your account and you will receive various information depending on your selection.
After you have selected a reason, you have to enter your password again and confirm the deletion by clicking on "Permanently delete my account".
Note: As soon as you have deleted your Instagram account, your username is immediately available to other users.
So if you just need a break from Instagram and want to use your account again later, you should simply deactivate your account as described in step three.
frequently asked Questions
As you can see from the steps above, it is not that easy to delete your Instagram account and find the right page for it.
For this reason, we have listed and answered the most common questions on the topic.
How can I back up my pictures before I delete my Instagram account?
If you want to back up your pictures, you can use the Indowner app for iOS and the InstaSave app for Android.
For the desktop version, we can recommend the websites www.downloadgram.com and www.dinsta.com, where you can enter the URL of an image and then download the image to your PC.
How do I permanently delete Instagram?
To permanently delete Instagram, you should visit this Instagram page.
There you can permanently delete your Instagram account after stating the reason.
How do I delete my Instagram account on my mobile phone?
To delete your Instagram account on your mobile phone, the following steps are necessary:
- Open the Instagram app
- Go to your profile and settings in the menu
- Then tap Help, and then tap Help Center
- Now go to the point "Manage the account"
- Go to "Delete your account" and "How do I delete my account?"
- There you tap on "Delete your account" under point one
- After entering a reason and your password, you can delete your Instagram account
Alternatively, you can call up the following link on your mobile browser and log into your profile.
How can I restore my deleted Instagram account?
A deleted Instagram account cannot be restored.
If your username has not yet been registered by another user, you can open a new account and restore your deleted account.
However, your photos cannot be restored in this way; you should back them up on your mobile phone or PC before deleting them.
If you only need a limited break from Instagram, all you should do is deactivate your account.
How can I deactivate my Instagram?
To just deactivate your Instagram account, you should do the following steps:
- Visit www.instagram.com and log into your account
- Then click on your profile in the top right corner and then on "Edit profile"
- Deactivate your profile by clicking on "Deactivate my account for the time being"
As you saw above, it is not that easy to find the right menu to delete your Instagram account.
If you just need a break, you should only deactivate your account as described in step three. In this way you prevent other users from being able to save your username and your pictures are not deleted after a renewed activation.
If you want to permanently delete your account, you should follow step four of our instructions. Please note that if you delete your images permanently, your images will also be deleted and your username will be released for other users.
- Can you hack WiFi on Android?
- What makes a good dessert
- What is the erasing of a tone
- What word is facing
- How is Notre Dames computer science department
- What does a safe nurse do
- Why do we need reference points in GIS
- Are state tax refunds subject to tax
- Is there a global business with film locations
- What's in a food truck 1
- Why is gasoline expensive in some countries
- How common is abuse in mental hospitals?
- Are blood cells made of atoms
- How do arcade games make money
- How busy is Haven on Saturday night
- How old is scott walker
- APIs What are the different pricing models
- How should Avengers Infinity War have ended?
- Why do the poor always have tattoos?
- Where can I rent mini excavators
- What did patience teach you
- How do I spend time efficiently
- Why aren't nuclear reactors built under cities?
- GlaxoSmithKline is recruiting biotechnology engineers