How are Korean cars
Korean luxury brand Genesis starts with two cars this summer
Offenbach (dpa / tmn) - Around five years after starting at home in Korea and the USA, Genesis is now also coming to Europe. It is the luxury sister brand of Hyundai and Kia. Organized largely online and only present in Munich with its own dealer, sales should start in the summer. According to the manufacturer, it begins with the almost five-meter-long luxury sedan G80 and the technically closely related GV80 off-road vehicle.
Both models play in the upper middle class and initially only start with conventional engines. Either the rear axle or all four wheels are driven by them. Genesis did not mention the final offer or the price.
First the burners start
But on the non-European markets there is the G80 as a petrol engine with 2.5 and 3.5 liters displacement with 224 kW / 304 PS and 279 kW / 380 PS. The four-cylinder diesel with a displacement of 2.2 liters has an output of 154 kW / 210 hp. Genesis offers the GV80 with the two petrol engines and a 3.0 liter six-cylinder diesel with an output of around 204 kW / 278 hp.
After the launch, Genesis wants to expand its model range quickly: A class below that will be followed by a double with the abbreviations G70 and GV70 just a few weeks after G80 and GV80, before there will probably be a specially and exclusively for Europe developed at the lower end of the range this year Model will give.
The connector models are to follow
When it comes to drives, too, there should be more choice and, at the same time, fewer emissions. The Koreans have announced a fully electric G80 and two other battery-powered cars within a year, one of which, such as the Hyundai Ioniq 5 and the Kia EV6, will use the new group platform designed solely for electric drives.
© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210504-99-463225 / 2
- Hippos are basically just whales with legs
- How many atoms does the world make up
- How much older do you feel?
- How a wild horse is tamed
- Should I go to the pharmacy?
- Why aren't my pancakes fluffy
- How does Art of Living benefit professionals
- What are VOOQQ classifieds
- Who was Vito Corleone based on?
- Why is crosslinking necessary in polymers
- Is aloe vera good for wrinkles
- What do you think of swarm intelligence
- Why can't everyone go to Antarctica
- Who invests in self-driving cars
- It is difficult to treat eating disorders
- What was the Phineas Gage Study
- What about AC at the BITS Pilani Hostel
- Which country has Maggi banned
- What College Students Should Learn About Git
- What does flag mean in Chinese
- Personal information for DC superheroes
- Can I be hired at 60?
- How does Mastodon's social network make money
- Can you describe how good you are