How is sonar used for robot navigation
From the bat flower to sonar navigation
Dr. Susanne Langer Communication and press
Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg
Research team develops efficient robot navigation inspired by bat plants
Sonar systems are essential for autonomous robots and self-driving cars because they are very inexpensive sensors for distance measurements. But sometimes the measurement results that can be achieved are misleading and so far there have been no sonar signs, signs or signals that could support navigation. A research team from the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU) has now found a solution together with scientists from the universities in Antwerp and Amsterdam, which was inspired by a special coevolution between bats and flowers. They published their results in the journal PNAS.
In a project at FAU financed by the Volkswagen Foundation, the engineer Prof. Dr. Stefan J. Rupitsch, Chair for Sensor Technology at FAU, and the biologist and bat researcher Dr. Ralph Simon, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, are working together on a solution to this problem. They developed special, bat-like sonar systems and floral-inspired sonar reflectors. The research team was able to show that these artificial reflectors can significantly improve the navigation efficiency of sonar-controlled robotic systems.
https: //www.fau.de/2020/01/news/wissenschaft/forschungsteam-entwickelt- efficient ...
Features of this press release:
Biology, electrical engineering
- Are Croma washing machines beautiful
- Are you afraid of an operation?
- What is the difference between Albanian and Arabic
- How effective is hair weaving
- Is Facebook blocked live in Dubai
- Like many covalent bonds, benzene contains
- What is property management accounting
- Why do debt collection agencies offer settlements?
- How does calcium trigger the release of neurotransmitters
- How do I increase the app installation
- What is the Android emulator for Ubuntu
- How do tips work
- What is an example of displacement reactions
- Does sugar affect the intestinal flora
- What are some simple explanations for autism
- Which hormone is known as maternity hormone
- How to code quickly
- Is there a science in Donnie Darko
- Why has the Catholic liturgy changed?
- Does science contradict the Koran?
- Why did America help Pak
- How can we do social media marketing
- Who secretly rules the world
- How do I pocket my eyebrows