What is the structure of sulfur trioxide
Sulfur trioxide is one of the two oxides of sulfur. It belongs to the class of inorganic compounds and has the formula SO3. Another name is sulfur-VI-oxide.
Coordination: In the gaseous state, sulfur trioxide forms molecules with the formula SO3. They are flat, the sulfur atom is in the center, and the 3 oxygen atoms are arranged around the sulfur atom at the corners of an equilateral triangle. The angle between the bindings is exactly 120 °.
View: Start the Jsmol visualization by clicking the link under the sulfur trioxide molecule.
In the solid state there are no SO3–Molecules present. Sulfur trioxide then forms trimers of the formula S.3O9. In addition, as soon as traces of water come together with sulfur trioxide, two further modifications develop.
In the liquid state, both are SO3–Molecules as well as S3O9–Trimers available. When converting the trimers to SO3–Molecules, energy is consumed.
S.3O9 + 126 kJ → 3 SO3
Hence the proportion of SO3–The higher the temperature, the larger the molecules.
- more about solid sulfur trioxide - coming soon
Manufacture and use
Sulfur trioxide does not occur naturally. It is made from sulfur dioxide. Most of the sulfur trioxide is immediately processed into sulfuric acid. You will soon find a detailed description of the processes for the production of sulfur trioxide and sulfuric acid on my website.
- more about the production of sulfur trioxide and sulfuric acid - coming soon
- Melting point: 16.86 ° C
- Boiling point: 44.45 ° C
- Density in the liquid state at 25 ° C: 1.903 g / cm3
- CAS no. : 7446-11-9
- Why do debt collection agencies offer settlements?
- Is SAP SD a good career option
- What caused the Hungarian Revolution of 1956
- What should you never mix with milk
- What causes Pseudomonas in the urine
- How did Microsoft make so much money
- How did modern dance emerge from ballet?
- Can you name a few good emo singers
- Is carbonic acid an organic acid
- What is the presumption of innocence
- What are the differences between SDH and PDH
- What day is Valentine's Day 2019
- Why is Virat Kohli so extraordinary
- What is the qualification of an IAS officer
- Which dj do you hate
- What are logs in Python
- What are the best schools in Secunderabad
- What strategies should Nokia use for rebranding?
- Is King of Prussia PA safe
- Why IslamicFinder org redesigned their website
- How do I get up on time
- What is the application log
- Which 3 exercises should I do?
- I am just possessive
- Where can I have hoodies made?
- How did Lord Shiva become so powerful
- What is the object of the human senses
- When did people stop believing in mythology?
- How is a summer internship
- What is the future of Beldex Coin
- What are some alternatives to DevaCurl
- What does delegent