Why did the backplane fail
QNAP backplane possibly defective, can the order of the HDD bays be adjusted?
SolvedHardwareSAN, NAS, DAS
Unfortunately, yesterday our monitoring reported a missing hard drive on one of our QNAP TS-831X.
However, the hard drive is actually not the problem, but slot no. 1. We installed one of the hard drive slots from an identical device there for testing purposes and the behavior did not change. As a test, we plugged the hard drive slot from slot no. 1 into a free, different slot and the hard drive was recognized without any problems.
The real question now is: Can I teach the device not to use slots 1 - 4, but 2 - 5 for the storage pool? With that, the RAID 5 network would be "okay" again.
This cannot be done in the GUI. Unfortunately, QNAP support was of no help, referred us to the age of the device (3 years) and wished us a lot of fun choosing a new device (QNAP's answer has been changed here )
Has anyone here already "determined" in the direction or is a new acquisition inevitable?
Thanks in advance for your support.
SolvedHardwareSAN, NAS, DAS
Hotly discussed content
solvedmartenk1 day agoQuestionInternet
Hello community have a huge problem with Chrome - can no longer access pages - always get the bad-tempered smiley coming in the top left ...
tsunami1 day agoQuestionWindows Server
Hello, I have a question regarding Server stored profiles. Until now it was called permanent jobs. Now I have some "jumpers". So switched to roaming profiles. Well ...
winlin1 day ago QuestionLinux network
Hello everyone, what configuration options are there to tune Samba? I have a data transfer rate of max 1Mb / sec. in the local network from my MAC (WiFi) ...
blaub33r3 1 day ago QuestionExchange Server
Hey dear people :) I would like to shed light on the following construct. There is a sender and Receiver1 / Receiver2 / Receiver3 Sender sends ne ...
Luci08151 day agoQuestionNetwork logs
Hello, does someone use a transparent HTTPS proxy? If I activate it on our UTM ("Compatible" mode), there are problems with web conferences. Only when I ...
solved Hacktrist 1 day ago QuestionBatch & Shell
Hello dear administrator community, I would like a script that checks whether a folder "C: \ Test" contains at least 2 files. Shouldn't that ...
- Why is Azerbaijan strategically important
- What is the thickness of the parapet wall
- Leggings should be worn without underwear
- How are real estate billions made
- The DBSCAN algorithm creates overlapping clusters
- What would happen if Amazon went bankrupt?
- The universe was made of zero energy
- Is xylitol in Jif peanut butter
- What is hybridization in benzene
- Who is the most personable US president
- What is plasmolysis
- What can be the cause of skin problems
- What does an electric eel eat
- How can a dreamer be successful in life
- Daenerys is actually the child of Rhaegar
- What is professional appraisal
- What is boot room
- Can someone help me calculate curves
- Publishing works on Kindle
- Why does the idea make crappy advertising campaigns
- Why watching snooker is easier than playing
- Killed Jaqen Hghar Balon Greyjoy
- What does really gifted mean to you
- What is Cenforce 200 mg online