Why does Cloud 9 mean happy
To be on Cloud Nine
Jessica is American and goes to high school. But at the moment she just can't concentrate on her homework: She is madly in love and is floating on "Cloud Nine". Wait a minute - on cloud nine? Doesn't it mean "floating on cloud nine" or "being in seventh heaven"? Why all of a sudden cloud number nine?
Well, the Americans have been floating a bit higher than the Europeans for a long time when they are completely happy and in love - on "Cloud Nine". Where the term actually comes from, however, remains unclear. In the past, "Cloud Seven" was also used in English, and Seventh Heaven still exists.
Some suspect that "Cloud Nine" has something to do with the division of clouds into ten categories by the American Weather Institute: clouds of category nine are cumulonimbus clouds that can reach very high altitudes. Others claim that a radio show popular in the US in the 1950s called "Johnny Dollar" popularized the term cloud nine.
Whichever explanation may be the right one, one thing is certain: especially since the ex-Beatle George Harrison released a record called "Cloud Nine" in the eighties, the term has established itself in the English-speaking world and cloud nine repressed. Musician Bryan Adams also sang in 1998 on "Cloud Number Nine". So once again pop stars have contributed to the changing of idioms. And who knows, maybe we will soon no longer be on cloud nine, but only on cloud nine?#Subjects
- What did you learn from your child
- What is the most durable privacy fence
- How do I start writing poetry?
- Do you speak German well
- What are fun activities in Monterey CA.
- Has globalization destroyed the Australian auto industry
- What is the population of Jalandhar
- Is robotic surgery the future
- Was George H W Bush racist
- Who sang Everybody Dance Now
- Why is Africa the closest China
- Windmills slow down the wind
- Why are some people hairier
- Is fairness a relevant concept for the economy
- Is physics and chemistry the same
- Castles can be 3D printed
- When can I expect SSC CGL 2018?
- Poop bees
- Dogs get hurt
- Can you deal in a damaged car?
- Where are the best gynecologists in Ludhiana
- Is Tetris intellectual property protected
- Who is your favorite singer right now?
- How to make a sourdough starter
- What is the best poker software
- The Zcash coin is a good investment
- What is experience
- What is the best treatment for burns
- Which is the cheapest laptop in the US
- Sing along to musicals
- How do I sprain my ankle quickly?
- What are the fractions of 35
- How will Rudy Giuliani judge the story