Where is the Bogoria lake
Lake Bogoria: A paradise for flamingos
Where is Bogoriasee?
Lake Bogoria is located around 180 kilometers northwest of the Kenyan capital Nairobi and is part of the East African Rift Valley. The body of water is about 17 kilometers long and 4 kilometers wide, and it is also part of the Bogoria National Reserve.
Inspiration for your next trip
In our "Dream Place of the Day" series, we show you the most beautiful destinations in the world. You don't want to miss a dream place anymore? Then subscribe to our daily newsletter for the daily escape in your mailbox. We also present selected travel tips on Pinterest.
What makes the species-rich lake in Kenya so special?
Nobody goes to Lake Bogoria to swim. Thanks to its geysers, the water is up to 70 degrees Celsius in some places and so salty and mineral-rich that it is corrosive. Unless you are a Lesser Flamingo - the birds, numbering in the millions, do not mind the footbath. The thin legs withstand the aggressive water, the beaks are also perfect for filtering the cyanobacterium Arthrospira, the favorite food of the pink waterfowl. Humans like it too, under the name "Spirulina" it is considered a superfood. In addition to the flamingos, there are 135 species of birds that make Lake Bogoria particularly interesting for ornithologists. But photographers also appreciate the lake, because the play of colors between the pink plumage of the flamingos, the desert sun and the lake is a popular photo motif.
In the bank area, acacia forests and papyrus swamps form habitats for mammals such as impalas, dikdiks, antelopes, zebras and warthogs. The lake is easy to reach as a day tour from Nairobi. Most offers connect Lake Bogoria with further discoveries along the rift valley. Because the lake landscape in the Great Rift Valley has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2011.
When is the best time to visit Lake Bogoria?
Birdwatchers will be happy any time of the year. However, there is no guarantee that flamingos and how many will be there. The rainy season around Nairobi is between mid-March and May.#Subjects
- When did the Dalai Lama leave Tibet?
- Home automation is needed nowadays
- There are free games like Factorio
- Which cell phone is best under 10000 1
- How can you avoid false spirituality?
- Is Trump unprofessional in attacking California
- Who is Nigeria's best singer
- Can a human create another creature
- What are the least common phobias 1
- How can you make your phone faster
- Can I bake a cake
- Is Vladimir Putin an interesting person
- Looking for language translation services in Mumbai
- The development of faith and belief can happen overnight
- Why alternating current has no sound
- Which determines whether something is vulgar
- What are angry birds
- Justice is a concept created by evil
- What is the philosophy of psychiatry
- What are the different uses of yarn
- What can magnesium deficiency cause for you?
- What is the biological age
- What are some uses of the virtual machine
- What is Mensrea 1
- How can I keep my best friend
- Make a VPN undetectable
- Why did you stop using Facebook?
- How do I make big cold coffee
- Why don't you like Charles Darwin
- Exfoliating your lips makes them look bigger
- How fast can time move in dreams
- How do I deactivate a pinterest account
- Follow me on Pinterest for work