Cyclists have to signal when turning
Bike safety. 5 instructions for avoiding accidents on the bike
One thing is very clear: for those who are passionate about cycling, we only need a bike and a road to do Km and Km. Unfortunately, this is not enough. For our safety it is very important that a cyclist has sufficient information about the Road safety regulations for cyclistsand over which has instructions, which warn of possible obstacles or maneuvers on the road.
In the last few years we have seen one Resurgence of the bicycledue to the construction of bike paths in many cities and the use of other alternative modes of transport. If you are a cyclist, you should know, how to signal the turns and movements so drivers can see your intentions, or warn your colleagues that there is an obstacle or danger on the road. And thus avoid unnecessary accidents.
When riding in a group we need to know how to signal the maneuvers on the bike and make this clear enough in advance so that in this way the others understand exactly what our intentions are.
Hand signals are the quickest and easiest way to indicate the dangers and maneuvers we are about to perform. A cyclist's street communication is based on body gestures. It is important to make these signals with your hands, before performing a maneuver. However, we believe they are not necessary as they will increase the safety of your co-workers and those in general who move around a street.
Before I talk to you about that 5 statements speak, to avoid accidents on the bike, you need to find out about some Road safety regulations for cyclistsbe clear.
• Cyclists can ride on the interurban road, but not on the motorways (to use the interurban road, the cyclist must be over 14 years old).
• Cyclists can circulate in parallel with 2 rows. The General Directorate for Transport (DGT) points out that these should always go “on the right-hand side”.
• If you are driving on a road, you must do so at the shoulder (the side of the road). In case of poor or non-existent condition, cyclists can use most of the road.
5 instructions for avoiding accidents on the bike.
1 - turn left instruction.If the road runs in one direction: You should drive as close as possible to the left side of the road and signal the maneuver with sufficient time.
If the road goes in two directions: it is necessary to adhere to the longitudinal or central longitudinal marking, and if it does not exist, without entering the area intended for the opposite direction, signaling this with time.
If the interurban road does not have a conditional lane for this turn: For the left turn, it must be placed on the right outside the road if possible and started from this point, whereby a signal is given beforehand.
If the rural road has a conditional lane for this turn: Position it well in advance and turn if the signaling allows it. It can be signaled with the left arm in a horizontal position with the palm extended downwards or with the right arm bent upwards and with the palm extended.
2 - instruction on the right.To signal this maneuver, we will be as close to the right side of the road as possible, slowing down and making sure the turn can be made.
We will signal this maneuver with the left arm by bending up with an outstretched palm or down with an outstretched palm in a horizontal position.
3 - Hand signal that indicates you need to stop.If you need to brake hard, you should indicate this by moving your arm up and down in short and quick movements.
You have to stretch your arm over your head with your palm outstretched, or if you have to stop abruptly and do not have time to signal with your hand because there is danger to our partners, we have to shout the word "stop".
There is also another option: you need to stretch your left arm back and down with the palm of your hand so that the driver who is following you can see it.
4 - pothole or obstacle signal.If we pull a group, we will surely be the first to see potholes or obstacles that are on the road. The way to signal this with the hand is to point with the outstretched arm at the area where the pothole or obstacles are, and we point fingers with the index or can also make circular movements while pointing at the obstacle.
5 - Sign of parked cars.If, as in the previous case, we are leading a group and we see that we are approaching a danger like a car, we have to point with the arm on the same side of the danger and put it behind us and give the direction to the group and you have to point that obstacle , Continue to avoid cars or the like.
Communicating well with the rest of the cyclists or vehicles that ride on the road can help you play it safe while cycling, and by practicing these 5 signs you can keep yourself from getting scared on the bike.
“The bike is a strange vehicle. The passenger is its engine ". John Howard.
Are you coming to Lanzarote for cycling?Come to Lanzarote to practice all these traffic signs on one of our rental bikes.
Do not hesitate to contact us, we advise you on the best routes to visit Lanzaroteand introduce you the best bikes available to suit your needs.
21 years of experience in the world of cycling support us.
Share our content
- How is the British band Marillion live
- Is the European culture overrated
- How does neoclassical realism explain Brexit
- Has Delhi psc exam
- How do different religions see math
- The word transtrender should be banned
- What are the tasks of an IAS officer?
- What math is there in climate change
- What does annihilation mean?
- Why is sociology important to psychology majors
- How do we save publicly funded education
- What are some reasons for social discrepancies
- What is the purpose of the human resources department
- Have Pisces ascendant have budhaditya yoga
- Should America stop sponsoring Puerto Rico
- Why are there letters in math
- What are fashionable shoes for 2013
- The state board is tough
- Have you ever drank too much water?
- Are park grills clean enough for cooking
- What attracts a tyrant
- What is ttt diagram
- What is a submersible water pump
- When was the baseball game invented