How do you diagnose an MTHFR gene mutation
Methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) deficiency
A lack of enzymes reduces the availability of 5-methyl-THF for the remethylation of homocysteine to the essential amino acid methionine. The residual activity of the MTHFR is usually <10%. The consequences are homocystinuria, hyperhomocysteinemia (homocysteine level> 100 µmol / l) and reduced methionine plasma concentrations. The cause are pathogenic variants of the MTHFRGene located on the long arm of chromosome 1.
One occurs much more frequently mild shape MTHFR deficiency, which is caused by a thermolabile variant of the enzyme with impaired function. This mild form is characterized by increased homocysteine levels (Hyperhomocysteinemia), in contrast to the classic form, however, there are no neurological symptoms. Molecular genetic can mostly be the common one C677T-variant (rs1801133) in exon 5 des MTHFR-Gens can be detected. Homozygosity for this variant is associated with an increased homocysteine level. A weak positive association with multifactorial diseases such as thrombophilia or neural tube defects (spina bifida) is also only for homozygous carriers and just in combinationWith further Risk factors described. An adequate supply of folic acid, vitamins B6 and B12 is recommended for carriers of the T / T genotype. Another variant in MTHFR-Gene, A1298C (rs1801131), combined heterozygosity with the C677T variant is also associated with decreased enzyme activity and increased homocysteine concentrations in the blood. However, homozygosity for the C / C genotype has no effect on folate-dependent homocysteine metabolism.
The determination of the MTHFRGenotype is currently only used for patients with a Plasma homocysteine concentration (tHyc) of >50µmol / L recommended. In connection with thrombophilia, the examination is currently not part of the statutory health care.
- Who recently invested in Redbeacon
- Can bats hear space sounds in space?
- What is an elevator shaft
- What do giraffes eat most of the time?
- What does bibliophile
- Alibaba works in Pakistan
- Can you measure plasma
- What is the power of internal communication
- What are the flaws in DMTheory
- Is UY Scuti visible
- What are good trauma-based therapy books
- What is a sunspot
- Does envy have any advantages
- Engineering college is important
- How do I prepare carbon fiber composites
- How is the British band Marillion live
- How to run 100m in 12 seconds
- How many times can you reuse Coomassie stains
- Did you like Jane Foster as Thor?
- How do motivation and emotion affect perception?
- What is web design and SEO
- Foam concrete can be used as flooring
- What is an inverse property
- Why is every listed smartphone company falling