The reasoning and judgment are the same
Worksheet: The Argumentation
Anyone who wants to convince others, clarify something controversial or exchange positions uses the linguistic process of argumentation.
With the thesis an assertion is made about a problem, a judgment or a recommendation is given.
The argument justifies the thesis. In terms of language, it is often used with causal conjunctions such as B. because and there initiated.
In order for the argument to be valid, the argument for the thesis must be supported. The goal is to prove the argument. This can be done with the help of examples, evidence, explanations, analogies, quotations, etc. Supporting an argument ultimately means nothing other than justifying the argument itself. Introductory conjunctions can e.g. B. because, how and so be.
An extended argument is used when a conclusion is drawn from the thesis, its justification and the support for the argument. This is often introduced with therefore , therefore , therefore, on the basis of this, so or in the end .
Example of an extended argument:
|Thesis:||Cyclists should always wear a bicycle helmet|
|Argument:||because the risk of being seriously or fatally injured in an accident is significantly reduced with a helmet.|
|Explanation:||Because if the head hits a hard surface after an accident, the cyclist can be seriously injured.|
|Example:||I had a bicycle accident with a car in February of this year in which I rolled forward over the handlebars. Thanks to my bicycle helmet, despite several injuries to my body, I did not have any head injuries that were significantly more dangerous than my broken elbow.|
|Receipt:||Statistics from a Cologne clinic found that ten cyclists were killed and that nine of them would still be alive if they had worn a helmet.|
|Quote:||According to Baden-Württemberg's Transport Minister Winfried Hermann, every opportunity must be used to protect the heads of cyclists from serious injuries. He doesn't know of a better method than the helmet. He is the number one protective shield.|
|Analogy:||Other road users such as motorcyclists and motorists also protect themselves with helmets or belts and airbags from serious injuries in the event of an accident|
|Conclusion:||Therefore, it is absolutely necessary for cyclists to wear a helmet.|
- On a topic of the impromptu argument, write an argument that consists of the following: thesis, argument, two supports for the argument and a conclusion.
- Form a group consisting of at least four and a maximum of six people and present your arguments. Together, consider whether the individual arguments are convincing and agree on the argument that you consider to be the most successful. Then revise the argumentation so that it corresponds to the following argumentation structure according to your group size:
in groups of four thesis, argument, support, conclusion;
in groups of five thesis, argument, two supports, conclusion;
in groups of six thesis, argument, three supports, conclusion.
Write the individual components of the argument (thesis, argument, support 1, possibly support 2, possibly support 3 and conclusion) on different pieces of paper, but without naming them as such (thesis, argument ...) Then give your four to six strips of paper to the teacher.
Next: Avoid argumentation errors
- Is Hank Chen a good English name
- Why are food apps mostly red?
- How did Lupine die with Tonks
- What is the function of sunken stomata
- Which parts of chess regularly confuse beginners?
- What are the best drama techniques
- What is biogas technology
- What music does the devil hear?
- 12 hours is enough for intermittent fasting
- How did Jesus confront narcissists
- What makes an organ donor a match
- When is love according to poetry right
- When did Prussia invade Austria?
- Why can't I improve my SAT score
- The reasoning and judgment are the same
- Is there really equality between the sexes
- There are free games like Factorio
- What is neural network architecture
- How big is the market for data monetization
- How quickly can the weather change
- How Cold Weather Causes Arthritis Pain
- Why do transition elements form coordinate bonds
- How do we download KingRoot
- What is the best war movie 1