Do you like Dick Cheney's America
"Vice - The Second Man": Christian Bale's transformation into Dick Cheney (video)
Christian Bale has done it again: In order to be able to play the former US Vice President Dick Cheney in "Vice - The Second Man", the Englishman gained almost 20 kg. The Hollywood star is known for the extreme physical transformations he undertakes for his roles.
As Patrick Bateman in "American Psycho" or as Bruce Wayne in Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight" trilogy, he trained a lot of muscles. Instead, he starved himself to the bone for his roles in “The Machinist” and “The Fighter”, while he chucked himself up as Irving Rosenfeld for “American Hustle”.
For Adam McKay's (“The Big Short”) political satire “Vice”, Christian Bale again worked hard and gained a lot of weight in order to authentically embody Dick Cheney. The effort has paid off: the actor has already won the Golden Globe for his performance and is also nominated for an Oscar for the fourth time.
We met Christian Bale and director Adam McKay for an interview in Berlin and talked to them about the creation of this extraordinary biopic. Bale also gave us an insight into why it is necessary for him to transform not only mentally but also physically into the characters he embodies on screen.
“Vice”: Christian Bale and Adam McKay in the interview video
About the film: After Oscar winner Adam McKay had already satirically dissected the banking system with “The Big Short”, he once again captured a seemingly highly complex topic in an entertaining way with “Vice - The Second Man”. In it he portrays the private and political career of Dick Cheney (Christian Bale), who, as US Vice President of George W. Bush (Sam Rockwell), was the greatest proponent of the invasion of Iraq. McKay not only shows Cheney during his political time, in which he became the most hated man in America, but also examines his early years, in which he indulged in alcohol, got into brawls and even thrown out of the elite Yale university. Above all, the ambition and support of his wife Lynne (Amy Adams) ultimately contributed to the fact that Dick Cheney became the most powerful US Vice President in history, whose foreign policy decisions can still be felt today.
“Vice - The Second Man” has been nominated for 8 Oscars, including “Best Film of the Year”. The film will start in German cinemas on February 21, 2019.
- What do you use to paint glass?
- Where can I download films or series
- How do you decrease the ping
- What are the disadvantages of table tennis
- Have you ever been to Mansoura
- Is China against India
- What is classical math
- Which of these universities should I choose?
- Developed SAP Hana
- What is a new invention or innovation
- Did Socrates shape our world
- How old is your house
- Why don't astronauts get older in space
- Is it allowed to meet someone at Banasthali University
- How did you get over dermatillomania
- Can a submarine sail backwards
- Rap only sings poetry
- Israelis rape Palestinian women
- Why Iceland is green and Greenland is icy
- Why are doctors dissatisfied with health technologies
- How important are strong facts to you
- When do toddlers start lying?
- Zager Guitars is the best company
- Why don't my iPhone videos load