How do I publish a scientific book
When writing scientific papers, it is often not easy to decide which works from the wealth of literature found are suitable for it. Therefore, at the beginning of this hypertext, we will briefly describe the types of scientific literature:First of all, here in Books and Magazines subdivide. These can be further differentiated:
- Monographs: Book by a single author.
The quality (in the sense of the scientific meaningfulness of the content) can vary greatly here, since in principle anyone can publish such a book. One way of trying to secure this is simply to get information about the author (how much / what has he already published on this topic).
- Textbooks: Book that is aimed at students / "newbies" in a subject and conveys teaching content.
Strictly speaking, these books are not counted as scientific literature. However, they usually provide a good introductory overview of a topic.
- Edited works: Book with chapters by different authors on an overarching topic.
Here, too, the quality can vary; it depends, among other things, on the selection and quality control of the authors by the publisher of the book.
- Popular science journals: Have the "normal population" as the target group and therefore prepare content accordingly.
Example: Psychology Today
- Scientific journals: Have scientists and / or practitioners of the respective discipline as a target group. Scientists submit articles to the journal, which are then published.
- Peer-reviewed journals: Have scientists and / or practitioners of the respective discipline as a target group. When submitting an article, however, it is subject to a "quality control", the peer review process:
The specialist articles are - before they are accepted for publication - read ("reviewed") by other scientists in the field ("peers"), found to be (un) worthy of publication and provided with suggestions for improvement. This is to ensure that only scientifically founded articles are published.
- What are codominant alleles
- What is the significance of the speed gradient
- Why Color Revolution In China Can't Be Successful
- What are the products of aluminum
- What's the best community chat app
- How can I keep myself from being cheated
- RF electrical engineers work in laboratories
- How do I prepare for the Indian Navy
- Is digital art science
- Agriculture is the largest industry
- What is an external existence
- Does music influence the taste of wine
- Should I Invest In Unify Cryptocurrency
- What are thunderbus fires doing
- Why didn't Konan destroy Nagatos Rinnegan
- What's your favorite bar in Oahu
- Indian girls find bearded men attractive
- What kind of equipment do people usually rent
- Raikoben means something in Japanese
- How artificial intelligence can improve Smart TV
- How deep can a whale dive
- When will Google automatically delete your data
- What are you
- How many google fonts are there
- Why am I bored after intercourse?
- What kind of magnet produces more electricity
- How could a misbehaving teenager be treated?
- Why does schizophrenia affect empathy?
- Do you look like your spouse
- How can you be emotionally stronger?
- Can you train ambidextrousness
- Can Europe afford to save Portugal?
- Why is Murmansk shrinking
- What is an ohm 1